waxramble
GC90

STBB Battle Back-Up / Stockpile / Ideas

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Hey all! After some discussion, we've decided to launch a STBB Beat Battle Back-Up thread where everyone can chip in ideas for future battles! Whether it's posting your own battle idea or providing feedback on samples/rules

We can use this thread as a way for the following:

1. Back-up battles if winner is not available or does not post rules in-time
2. Battle ideas for winner to tweak or copy for the next week (Maybe out of ideas haha)
3. Develop your own battle ideas for when you win next!

Some tips:

1. When posting your battle here - please use the similar format to default rules for easy copy/paste to new Battle thread
(You can quote, then copy the code on the following default rule post here!)

2. Give credit where it is due! If you borrow someone's battle, be sure to give props in your post :)

3. Please consider honor system -- It is possible to flip something in this idea thread, but if it is used for a Weekly or Monthly battle, please submit anything made before then as 'Non-Entry' to keep the spirit of the time limit

4. WeTransfer only works for a week -- You may consider using something like Google Drive for posts here, or be prepared with sample pack so if a battle takes place these are ready to go!

5. If you receive feedback for your battle and want to use it, simply edit your original Battle format post so we don't post rules over and over again!

Looking forward to what people cook up here! Thanks in advance for all the great ideas that will be developed here :fire:
2 x

waxramble
GC90

Re: STBB Battle Back-Up / Stockpile / Ideas

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:54 pm

STBB XXX
Brazil

Madlib's Flight to Brazil has been one of the most important collections of music that's made an impact on my life. For anyone unfamiliar to this mix, please do yourself a favor and listen to it as soon as possible.. it provides an amazing introduction and education of the beautiful sounds of Brazil. So diverse and unique to the country and time, even after so many years of being influenced by this mix I'm still discovering fantastic music from Brazil.

For this battle, I have gathered a variety of sounds and styles of Brazil music from my personal collection for you to flip. As I've done in the past, I am trying to provide some material that has not been sampled to death, my hope is that everyone who participates will learn of some new music through this battle :)

I very much look forward to what comes from this battle. Thank your for taking the time to listen to my collection!

SAMPLES

TBD

RULES

Use at least one of the samples from folder when creating your beat

Outside drums and bass allowed

Outside keys/synths/instruments are allowed

Outside samples NOT allowed (Adlibs OK)

Acapellas allowed

No time limit

The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB ###“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time.
Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.
For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
Label entries that are posted after the deadline as 'late entry' and entries that don't comply with the rules as: 'non-entry' in your track title.
EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time
Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: https://wetransfer.com/
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Re: STBB Battle Back-Up / Stockpile / Ideas

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:12 am

YO
MOMMA!

❤️

Incorporate Samples of Music
that would make your Mother Happy

tell us what it is and why

0 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”