Kow

Ipad „Djing“ advice needed

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:13 am

Im looking for a Dj app on ipad where you can switch of the grid lock and just set in out points for loops.
Is anyone familiar with that irig Dj by ik multimedia? i just have the free version where you cant loop at all, but it has in and out buttons, question is; do those points lock to the grid? dont wann spend 6€ to find out...

btw. since the new ipados youre able to plug in external hdds and browse your files, but you cant import music to itunes in order to use it with a dj app? like wtf... i just want to import my mp3 to a fn deck, who designed that bs? :thumbdown:
does anyone know a workflow, besides of using itunes on a pc to import music to the ipad or maybe a app that can directly access and add locally stored music to itunes?

those tech hickups are baffling to me, it has nothing to do with the platform since BM3 has more accessibility and functions than maschine does.
might got to write my own app lol

sry for ranting :peace:
0 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Re: Ipad „Djing“ advice needed

Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:47 am

Kow wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:13 am
I know B-Dog ( Home of Dope Beats ) does all of his producing on an i-pad..
I alert him to your question here, maybe he can help.
1 x

B-Dog
STBB Wins: 3

Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:36 am

Hey Kow,

Saw your question. I guess I’m not much of a help for you in this specific field, because I have no knowledge in DJ-ing / apps/ itunes solutions. I do produce all my tracks on the Ipad for years now, with the superb little nuclear powerhouse Nanostudio. First version 1, now 2 and use additional apps for fx and finalizing (final touch). For scratching fx I rarely use the DJay 2 app.

Sorry for not providing answers.
Still, If I can be some sort of help, just ask...

B-Dog
1 x

Kow

Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:08 pm

thanks fellas, i appreciate the effort.

allright, nanostudio, gotta check that out right now.
im using dj2 as well but its such a pitty that you cant turn off the beat grid for the loop points. you still can do looping with the cue points but its not the same. Hah that must be a real good laugh for beatjugglers.

btw. check out Beat Maker 3 if you dont allready know, the name sounds whack but the app itself is really good, def worth a try.
0 x

Kow

Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:41 pm

B-Dog wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:36 am
Hey Kow,

Saw your question. I guess I’m not much of a help for you in this specific field, because I have no knowledge in DJ-ing / apps/ itunes solutions. I do produce all my tracks on the Ipad for years now, with the superb little nuclear powerhouse Nanostudio. First version 1, now 2 and use additional apps for fx and finalizing (final touch). For scratching fx I rarely use the DJay 2 app.

Sorry for not providing answers.
Still, If I can be some sort of help, just ask...

B-Dog
Nanostudio looks awesome!
i just read through the features... „audiobus“ could be the thing i was looking for some time.
thanks man :thumbup:
0 x

dianacenteno

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:49 am

good good
0 x

Return to “Producers”