mr. nbtbl

STBB REMIX Challenge #3

Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:03 pm

STBB REMIX Challenge #3

I searched my folders and came up with two tracks for this month
1) Organ

2) Mandolin

From time to time i am tired of using samples and try to play everything myself... I am not great on any instrument but always have fun playing them... So maybe these are perfect for a remix challenge...

Stems are available on weTransfer:
https://we.tl/t-jXGfcqWAiN

Rules:
It's a remix challenge so you have to remix one of these tracks. One part has to be recognizable through out your mix and you are allowed to add anything you want. No restrictions.

But i know that it's hard to do a remix if you are not inspired... so i'd like to give you a second option.
Just grab some samples from the stems... make a synth from a guitar note or something but then you are restricted to play everything else yourself. Percussion,Flute, Guitar, VSTSynth whatever but no outside samples ;)

Acapellas are allowed for both options.
Which brings me to a request. Joa, if you take part... please spit some dutch raps... that would be great!

Start: Now!
End: Wednesday night 25th of Mar.
Vote: by Friday night 27th of Mar.
New Challenge up on: Sunday 29nd of March

Last thing... have some fun whatever you do!
3 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Re: STBB REMIX Challenge #3

Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:58 pm

mr. nbtbl wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Acapellas are allowed for both options.
Which brings me to a request. Joa, if you take part... please spit some dutch raps... that would be great!

Last thing... have some fun whatever you do!

you got it buddy!
1 x

ruedenz

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:07 am

Shit, these last weeks have been really crazy. I'll try to put sth together today. More of a daily challenge :)
1 x

Granny David

Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Like Ruedenz, had to throw something together quickly today

I played around with the stems for the 'Organ' track. Didn't do an awful lot to it, just a few edits and switches/shuffling and some pitching, stretching, EQ'ing and reversing. Gave it a new bassline, other than that not much chop work on the samples so it's a bit too similar to the original imo, but it'll have to do for now.

Thanks to NBTBL for the stems :thumbup: Hope I didn't make a mess of your track :lol:
1 x

B-Dog
STBB Wins: 3

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:44 pm

This was a crazy fast month! Nearly missed the deadline....;-)

Lockdown collabbings are the best! Joa G. x Dog B. with "The Buzzz"
Hope you enjoy!

4 more dopeness, check; https://soundcloud.com/joagymshoe

Stay healthy, safe, creative and happy!
1 x

ruedenz

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:40 am

Oh yeez time's almost up and I am not really happy with the arrangement nor the mix/master. But I do like the beat, musically I did some things I am proud of (ie the bass).
I am a sucker for great organs (not at the red market), and those provided organs are just beautiful. HAD TO USE THEM. Tweaked and pitched and chopped them a bit, and built my track around that.
There was so much talk about G-Funk in the #681 thread and also the organs guided me in that direction, so it went straight to a West Coast kinda thing. Had an Xzibit acapella on top but muted it the last second before bouncing.
Here we goooooooooo, thanks for the setup nbtbl!

1 x

Return to “Monthly Beat Battle”