Dj Joey Joe

Check Out My New Beat-Tape "Emerald Dust"

Wed May 15, 2019 1:19 pm

A few weeks ago I bought a new pair of headphones :headphone: (my last two had only had one ear playing, I got monitors but can't play them loud at night which is when I'm in the mood to work on music) and was in the mood to make some new beats.

So since it was a few days around my being-born day, I decided to kind of celebrate it with a new beat-tape project with ten beats (with a few interludes), five beats will be created from scratch from beginning to end in twelve days, while the other five while unfinished beats I've had laying around on diskettes from previous months to years and finished making & programming those within the same twelve days as the other five beats.

Here's the lank: :music:

If you've been wondering what I have been doing lately, well this is it. I've been wanting to get back to making beats my old way on some weird boom-bap crafting of samples with unusual use of efx tweaking instead of the norm; all these joints were crafted on my MPC 2000XL, no outboard equipment, no keyboards or controllers, no DAWs, no plug-ins, no sound modules, just sampling a ton of records and ingenuity.

I would really appreciate it if my STBB Forever friends at least check it out and tell me what you think.
1 x

okjoy

Re: Check Out My New Beat-Tape "Emerald Dust"

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:25 am

your style is really fresh man, i dig how you layer your drums. cool vibes all around!
0 x

Return to “Hype”