B-Jam vs Enos

Many Maschine users here?

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:20 am

Are there many Maschine users here?

It would be cool if we could share some tips, trick and advice etc.

I've been using Maschine standalone since the turn of the year since I got the Mk3 and it's been a revolution in my workflow. Many years of mousing around in DAWs is over, and I love getting hands on with the NI hardware that integrates with the Maschine software. (Maschine Mk3, KK Mk2 and a Jam in my case)
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Re: Many Maschine users here?

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:49 pm

As someone who has no experience with production, Maschine has always looked like an appealing option to jump in from my understanding of how it works. I remember watching promo vids when it first came out, man they're looking even fancier these days with that mk3

Do you think you'd agree with it being a good starting point for a noob like me? lol

Really tempted to get into one of these soon to start learning how to make some little beats.

Edit: The Mikro looks like cheap way to get started and hardware looks pretty nice!

0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:23 pm

waxramble wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:49 pm
As someone who has no experience with production, Maschine has always looked like an appealing option to jump in from my understanding of how it works. I remember watching promo vids when it first came out, man they're looking even fancier these days with that mk3

Do you think you'd agree with it being a good starting point for a noob like me? lol

Really tempted to get into one of these soon to start learning how to make some little beats.

Edit: The Mikro looks like cheap way to get started and hardware looks pretty nice!

Oh yeah Maschine is very easy to use, esp with the Mk3 hardware with it's dual screens, so it is good for new starts. Since it's not a fully fledged DAW (like Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools etc), it isn't anywhere near as complicated as them which I know can be overwhelming. Ableton Live is more beginner friendly, but you want a dedicated controller so you'd have to get Push 2 if you went the Live route, which even second hand bundled with Live 10 is about £800. I recommend getting the Maschine Mk3 rather than the Micro Mk3 though, as having everything on the screens right beside your hands as you are playing/tweaking, along with the 8 pots for controlling the mixer/inserts etc is a much slicker and a more fun creative workflow than having to look up a monitor screen all the time, and there are various other buttons and functions missing on the Micro that make it less user friendly and slick to use. However, if you can't afford the Mk3 (which btw can be got for £350 with the software second hand rather than the retail £470), then getting the Micro Mk3 (which is £190 new, £160 second hand, with the Maschine 2 software of course), is still worth it, at least until you see how you get on.

If you get one, let me know and i'll send over a link with some great tutorials videos to get you started. 8-)
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Ah ok cool, maybe I will go with the full MK3 then. For me, I feel like when I've tried playing with FL etc in the past it's just too intimidating not having any idea what I'm doing. I feel like with some hardware, I could at least play around with it and figure it out. I never ended up getting an MPC because I'd probably want to mostly work with digital sources and having the software to back it up would be helpful like Maschine.

I'll def be sure to PM ya if I end up picking one of these up sometime, maybe a Christmas gift to myself :)

Thanks dude!
0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:30 pm

waxramble wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 pm
Ah ok cool, maybe I will go with the full MK3 then. For me, I feel like when I've tried playing with FL etc in the past it's just too intimidating not having any idea what I'm doing. I feel like with some hardware, I could at least play around with it and figure it out. I never ended up getting an MPC because I'd probably want to mostly work with digital sources and having the software to back it up would be helpful like Maschine.

I'll def be sure to PM ya if I end up picking one of these up sometime, maybe a Christmas gift to myself :)

Thanks dude!
Yeah FL isn't obvious from the outset. I've used DAWs for a long time and most are similar in how they work, but FL is a bit different and I remember trying it once and getting nowhere! It is however supposedly pretty easy once you know the basics. It's definitley still not as simple as Maschine though.

Yeah using Maschine over an old standalone MPC is a no brainer workflow wise and if you are using digital sources rather than sampling from vinyl into it. Although Maschine supports that as well as the Mk3 has an audio interface built into it.

Speaking of audio interfaces, if you don't have one, you will need one. The sound chip on your computer won't be up to the task. If you get a Mk3 then that solves that issue though. It's not the best of audio interfaces in it but it will suffice. You can always upgrade further down the line if you feel you want to.
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Ok fuck it, you sold me lol

Got him to accept offer of $420 :mrgreen:
0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:01 pm

waxramble wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:49 pm
Ok fuck it, you sold me lol

Got him to accept offer of $420 :mrgreen:
Oh sweet! That's a really nice price considering it's never been used.

I'll PM you a link to a set of great tutorial videos on how to use it...
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Awesome man, thanks a bunch :)
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Sent this to B but also want to say thanks to all folks on the board

Ever since high school thought of trying to get into this stuff but never took the initiative, all the stuff you guys are doing and this community pushing me to finally try it out. It's probably gonna be awhile before I get into battles, but I'm def gonna be trying to learn by attempting to make beats from the samples each week :)
4 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:22 pm

waxramble wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:18 pm
Sent this to B but also want to say thanks to all folks on the board

Ever since high school thought of trying to get into this stuff but never took the initiative, all the stuff you guys are doing and this community pushing me to finally try it out. It's probably gonna be awhile before I get into battles, but I'm def gonna be trying to learn by attempting to make beats from the samples each week :)
Nice one man. I'm sure many of us here are happy to offer support. :mrgreen:
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Showed up in the mail today. Kinda bummed, I registered it to account but it doesn't seem like I get access to software instantly. Hopefully can start testing this thing out over the weekend.

Thanks again B for helping with this! :)
1 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:06 pm

waxramble wrote:

Showed up in the mail today. Kinda bummed, I registered it to account but it doesn't seem like I get access to software instantly. Hopefully can start testing this thing out over the weekend.

Nice one. 8-)

The previous owner needs to transfer the relevant licenses to your Native Instruments account. (Create one if you don't have one)

Details of how it's done here: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... NI-Product
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:09 pm

B-Jam vs Enos wrote:
waxramble wrote:

Nice one. 8-)

The previous owner needs to transfer the relevant licenses to your Native Instruments account. (Create one if you don't have one)

Details of how it's done here: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... NI-Product
So I actually got the hardware to register on my account, is there a separate code needed for the software side? Contacted their support team for help, hopefully will have some time with this over the weekend.
0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 pm

waxramble wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:09 pm
B-Jam vs Enos wrote:
waxramble wrote:

Nice one. 8-)

So I actually got the hardware to register on my account, is there a separate code needed for the software side? Contacted their support team for help, hopefully will have some time with this over the weekend.
You should have these 2 serialed products transferred to you:

Maschine 2 for Maschine MK3
KOMPLETE 11 SELECT for MASCHINE MK3

The main one is the first one, as that's the core Maschine 2 software. You should be able to install Native Access now, then login, then it will give you the option to download the Maschine software and libraries.

Any issues, give me a shout man.
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:10 pm

In-case anyone were looking at this in the future, Native Instruments finally got me my software like 4 days later after registration lol.
0 x

Return to “Producers”