waxramble
GC90

waxramble corner

Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:40 pm

Making a thread for random stuff I'm doing. I've done little edits or loops but usually I end up deleting them because nobody probably cares lol

Figure I might post them here for fun and remember what loops were stuck in my head at some time in the past.

Will start with an old 'mix' (really this is more like a playlist BUT I am proud of the transition between songs at 7:34 lol)

Wrote a long ass rambling post about each track back in the day (insane this was almost 7 years ago :shock: ) - https://waxramblearchive.wordpress.com/good-stuff/ - Basically this is a collection of a bunch of stuff I was listening to in middle school lol (Though I put together the mix after college)

If I do ever start making music, will share some tracks here too
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Re: waxramble corner

Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Tried uploading this to Soundcloud but blocked :( -- I've had Kool & The Gang's Light of Worlds album for awhile, but usually only went immediately to Summer Madness (Seriously one of the coolest songs ever made, this is the song I want at my funeral lol) or sometimes Fruitman for that excellent Dilla flip. There are a ton of other great cuts that I hadn't really checked out much until the last few days. This one in particular stuck in my head all day. Brought the tempo down, the "I walked like a zombie in the night" bit made me think of slowing things down and deep. Extended a few bits. Just had a little fun putting this one together.
2 x

Unseen Era

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:51 pm

I thought the track was titled "You Don't Have to Change", regardless, a very pleasant track. It was sampled on Dom Kennedy's "Home Alone" off of From the Westside with Love mixtape.

1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:39 pm

Unseen Era wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:51 pm
I thought the track was titled "You Don't Have to Change", regardless, a very pleasant track. It was sampled on Dom Kennedy's "Home Alone" off of From the Westside with Love mixtape.

Yep "You Don't Have to Change"! I didn't call mine that because I cut out the second section - I like the bit about becoming the one they need :music2:

Thanks for sharing that track, the flip there is real nice, like the effect they put on synth sample
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:33 am

Funny coincidence just today, my brother was showing me clips that the actor Randall Park is actually the dude from Ill Again. Crazy stuff, all these years later he's super famous dude. This is the second song on my mix -- Hearing his voice there now, it's funny not realizing this until today

0 x

waxramble
GC90

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Was messing around with one of Joa's breaks for the STBB February BB -- Paulstretch is pretty cool if ever trying to make an ambient noise sound lol https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/paulstretch.html
0 x

Return to “Hype”