metadepth

The Ableton Thread

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:12 pm

"One does not choose a DAW, the DAW chooses you" - proverb of the ancient production gods

idk why i use this damn program i just had a homie who was super good with it and he taught me some shit so here i am lol.

current obsession is 2x resampling from a send track with an effects rack on it into an audio track and from there into a sampler instrument with another rack behind it for the purpose of making odd sounding pads and things

any trick tips that anybody wants to share lets hear ittt
0 x

Ārusuto

Re: The Ableton Thread

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 am

Recently finding out that you can create a lot of dynamic by using those Audio Effect Rack effects on your master track.

Have to be very subtle with it tho.
1 x

JulianConvex
Location: check my beat tape https://digginsack.bandcamp.com/album/j ... x-lowrider

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:57 am

"any trick tips that anybody wants to share lets hear ittt"

-Tons Haha. One simple trick to create punchy drums without any extra plugins:
Bounce your drumset (with freeze and flatten or resampling) to a clean audio loop -> Make sure no fx is in the channel -> duplicate channel and hit "warp" on the second loop -> Choose "Beats"/"Transients"/"–>|" -> Play around with the number besides (100= plays out the sample / lower values shorten up the sample) -> Find something between u like and mix it together to the original loop -> Boom! Mega punchy drums :D
2 x

metadepth

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:51 am

nicee never thought of this
JulianConvex wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:57 am
"any trick tips that anybody wants to share lets hear ittt"

-Tons Haha. One simple trick to create punchy drums without any extra plugins:
Bounce your drumset (with freeze and flatten or resampling) to a clean audio loop -> Make sure no fx is in the channel -> duplicate channel and hit "warp" on the second loop -> Choose "Beats"/"Transients"/"–>|" -> Play around with the number besides (100= plays out the sample / lower values shorten up the sample) -> Find something between u like and mix it together to the original loop -> Boom! Mega punchy drums :D
0 x

Professor Coneyack

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:38 am

A favorite of mine that I have been using for a very long time now is to get a pad, any kind will do. Put your dab rig on that pad and begin to heat that sucker up. Drop some dank dabs in there and take a fat rip. Next open ableton and pack some more bowls, stare at computer screen for a few minutes. Then, begin to puff like crazy while beats enter dome ...amazingly :mrgreen:
0 x

jhn.wav

Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:19 am

I love Ableton and I cannot wait to officially buy it, however till then any suggestions on pads that work well with it? I've used the Push 2 and it works really well with the program but its so huge and has way too many pads that I never end up using.
0 x

TimothyNet

The Ableton Thread

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm

Moved it to Track Review ... will probably be moved when the producers section is more advanced. This is for now the best solution.
0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:05 pm

jhn.wav wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:19 am
I love Ableton and I cannot wait to officially buy it, however till then any suggestions on pads that work well with it? I've used the Push 2 and it works really well with the program but its so huge and has way too many pads that I never end up using.
Are you looking for a 4x4 pad rather than 8x8 pad controller then?

Maybe one of these?

https://www.wirerealm.com/guides/best-u ... controller

However, for using Live, Push 2 is the way to go. Don't underestimate the value of great hardware/software integration.
1 x

jhn.wav

Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:54 pm

I'll definitely look into those controllers you linked! The Push 2 has amazing sampling potential with how easy it is to chop and edit slices. I guess I just want that capability with 4x4 pads.
0 x

JulianConvex
Location: check my beat tape https://digginsack.bandcamp.com/album/j ... x-lowrider

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Have u ever tried to rape your signal with Live's intern warp modes?

Make a clean audiofile of what u want to destroy. Doubleclick on it and hit "Warp". Choose one of the warping modes ("Re-Pitch" don't work here). Turn up the "Transpose" knob. The higher u turn it up, the higher is the amount of artefacts. Keep in mind how much semitones u pitched it up. Click on your audiofile and hit win+j / cmd+j to bounce. Doubleclick and pitch it down by same semitones u pitched it up before. -> Instant grainy lofi shizzle.
Ah, for drums the "Beats" mode works best.

Pro version: Don't bounce down your loop with a static setting. Make a new audio track and re-record the channel where the fucked up signal comes from (mute the 2nd channel so u dont hear it twice). Now u can change the settings in realtime to create more dynamic. Most fun brings the "Texture" mode. Play around with the "Grain Size" and "Flux" parameters while u recording the whole thing. If u done, doubleclick on the new recorded audiofile > hit "warp" if it isn't > transpose it down to the original pitch.

Have fun
0 x

super_sen

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:32 pm

When I made a beat that I found just ok but didn't catch me I'd resample the entire thing without drums (sometimes even without bassline) onto a new audio layer. Then I throw it into a simpler or sampler, play with the pitch and take it all apart.
1 x

Return to “Producers”