waxramble
GC90

Suggestions?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:23 am

Any feedback so far? :)
0 x

Psychedelic Schizophrenic
Location: The Shit Hole - Trashford (Somewhere In The United Kingdom)
STBB Wins: 2

Re: Suggestions?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Just a general question, is there a reason behind having a max character limit of 15 characters?
1 x

yoniden

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:10 pm

could we have a place for non 'official' battles, collab calls or
one on one battle calls?...
(a suggestiononly, not criticism).
For funtimes!
2 x

waxramble
GC90

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Psych Schizo wrote:
Just a general question, is there a reason behind having a max character limit of 15 characters?
Ah, is this in reference to username? If so, I was doing that to prevent too much of a spammy name. I've went ahead and made it 25 characters, that should be good? If this is a character limit somewhere else, let me know so I can check it out :)

If you want an update to username btw, just let me know!
yoniden wrote: could we have a place for non 'official' battles, collab calls or
one on one battle calls?...
(a suggestiononly, not criticism).
For funtimes!
I was actually thinking about this earlier today when I was at work, definitely going to make a sub-board for unofficial battles.

I'm really hoping we can start that Madvillainy remix battle again that someone was trying to get started on the old board ha

Keep these coming guys, thanks for the help :)

Edit: Bam!
2 x

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:01 am

waxramble wrote:
Psych Schizo wrote:
Ah, is this in reference to username? If so, I was doing that to prevent too much of a spammy name. I've went ahead and made it 25 characters, that should be good? If this is a character limit somewhere else, let me know so I can check it out :)

Trust me to have a long spammy name :lol:
Nice one 8-) Will shoot you a PM

Also another suggestion is it possible to add a soundcloud option on the contact page so we can link our accounts?
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am

Ah yes, I believe there was a plugin I was using last time that can add contact page options. Let me see about getting that set up later tonight.

off to work now, seeya!
0 x

Soul-Jutsu

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Keep up the good work GC. Thanks, & much respect.
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:24 am

Thanks!
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:01 am
waxramble wrote:
Psych Schizo wrote:

Trust me to have a long spammy name :lol:
Nice one 8-) Will shoot you a PM

Also another suggestion is it possible to add a soundcloud option on the contact page so we can link our accounts?
Ok I guess this wasn't a plugin, this is just a field I can create. The only problem is I can't add a fancy icon, but hopefully 'SC' will do (You can look under my avatar now).

Also adding the option to add your SoundcCloud when signing up :)
0 x

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:55 pm

waxramble wrote:
Ok I guess this wasn't a plugin, this is just a field I can create. The only problem is I can't add a fancy icon, but hopefully 'SC' will do (You can look under my avatar now).

Many thanks for adding that Waxramble 8-)

I just went to link my soundcloud and realized there is a 20 character limit for the soundcloud field, is there anyway to increase the character limit?

Think I might end up with warning points or a ban at this rate for being a royal pain in the ass :lol:
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:15 am

Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:55 pm
waxramble wrote:

Many thanks for adding that Waxramble 8-)

I just went to link my soundcloud and realized there is a 20 character limit for the soundcloud field, is there anyway to increase the character limit?

Think I might end up with warning points or a ban at this rate for being a royal pain in the ass :lol:
Hahaha - no worries man, I've bumped it up a bit now let me know if that works for ya!

One more of these and you're banned :lol:
0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:05 am

Hey man, thanks for all your great work with this forum. Props. 8-)

I've got a few board comments/requests:

The URL naming BB code doesn't work. For example:

[URL=Soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com]

Also, the ordered list BB code is cumbersome. It requires you to add the sequential numbers rather than auto numbering. It would be good if it could just be a simple auto sequential numbering list, as that's something we use all the time for 1st/2nd/3rd place nominations.

I'd like to see the 'edited by' and how many times box hidden as well, but that's just a request. :D
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:58 am

B-Jam vs Enos wrote:

Also, the ordered list BB code is cumbersome. It requires you to add the sequential numbers rather than auto numbering. It would be good if it could just be a simple auto sequential numbering list, as that's something we use all the time for 1st/2nd/3rd place nominations.

I'd like to see the 'edited by' and how many times box hidden as well, but that's just a request. :D
Thanks for joining!

I'm very very tired, so I was just as confused as you until I found this thread when investigating lol -- https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2231361

Your example, the problem is you are saying the URL = Soundcloud. You actually mean the URL = https://soundcloud.com

Soundcloud works

As far as BB code for ordered lists, we're looking into more rich text editors for phpbb. It seems most of the ones that are available are dead (and one I tried installing tonight actually caused me about an hour of panic trying to figure out why images were broken -_-). Right now this is the biggest headache with not being on a premium forum host, we're a bit limited in quick reply / full editor options.. If anyone knows of a good resource def let me know!

Maybe it's because I'm tired and stupid, but what would you use that for vs just typing it out by the way?

Like:

Thanks for the help here, we're working to make this better each day :)
1 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:16 am

waxramble wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:58 am
B-Jam vs Enos wrote:

Thanks for joining!

I'm very very tired, so I was just as confused as you until I found this thread when investigating lol -- https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2231361

Your example, the problem is you are saying the URL = Soundcloud. You actually mean the URL = https://soundcloud.com

Soundcloud works

As far as BB code for ordered lists, we're looking into more rich text editors for phpbb. It seems most of the ones that are available are dead (and one I tried installing tonight actually caused me about an hour of panic trying to figure out why images were broken -_-). Right now this is the biggest headache with not being on a premium forum host, we're a bit limited in quick reply / full editor options.. If anyone knows of a good resource def let me know!

Maybe it's because I'm tired and stupid, but what would you use that for vs just typing it out by the way?

Like:

Thanks for the help here, we're working to make this better each day :)

Edit: Ok wtf, doing the URL code above tries to link to this website -_-

I will continue to investigate this.
Ignore me re the URL naming! I had the URL and name the wrong way round! :oops:

Soundcloud this works. (Your one didn't work as you didn't have http:// before soundcloud.com)

Re the numbers, yeah typing them is always an option but it's just a little quicker to be able to autonumber a list.
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 am

lol I just figured it out as you posted -- Time for some sleep soon haha

I hear ya on the autonumber bit, I'm gonna keep looking out for some better editing tools here.

Oh also I found the edit display thing and turned it off, thought I already did that ha. Thanks for the reminder there too :)

Take it easy
0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:19 am

waxramble wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 am
lol I just figured it out as you posted -- Time for some sleep soon haha

I hear ya on the autonumber bit, I'm gonna keep looking out for some better editing tools here.

Oh also I found the edit display thing and turned it off, thought I already did that ha. Thanks for the reminder there too :)

Take it easy
Thanks man. :)
0 x

Return to “STBB News”