waxramble
GC90

STBB Monthly - Coming 2019!

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:03 am

Hi all,

As you know STBB has been going strong for 615 weeks now and we're still at it forever :) -- Recently I've been seeing some posts with folks wishing they could have entered a battle but didn't have enough time in a particular week. After talking to some of you I think that a Monthly Side Battle would be a neat opportunity to give everyone a chance to put together some music over the month in addition to the main weekly battle. Having a whole month will also allow for some creative formats for the battle, we can experiment a bit and see how this goes over time!

Starting with January 2019, I had an idea to get us started for the new year and can host the battle -- The format will likely be similar to STBB at first, I want to start off a bit simple before we get too crazy with it, but I've heard some really interesting ideas for this that I'm excited about! Over the next few months I want to work with some of you for hosting some new formats and eventually my goal is to transition to the next winner picking either the format or samples etc on following battle.

Looking forward to what we can do here on the side with monthly battles, let me know what you think!
4 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Re: STBB Monthly - Coming 2019!

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:44 am

Nice, i'm well up for this as i'd like to spend more than just the one day I usually have for STBB submissions. 8-)
2 x

Granny David

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:23 am

I'm down with this too, as discussed. Having a month to work on something is a different kind of challenge to the weeklies. It's good to have some variation.
Looking forward to entering your New Years Vibes comp as a starter!
1 x

Soul-Jutsu

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:55 pm

Great idea, definitely up for this.
0 x

Return to “Monthly Beat Battle”