The new change is cool -- Make bars black, but keep orange elements
83%
All black - Remove orange elements from site
17%
All orange...
No votes
Go back to normal, these changes suck!
No votes
Other (Please clarify in a post below!!!)
No votes

Total votes: 6
waxramble
GC90

STBB - Site Tweaks / Color Change? (Vote!!)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:09 am

Playing around with some color tonight... Changing to a consistent black will allow some more flexibility with the theme we're running (for example, now that all the bars are the same color, can re-arrange a bit more easily so it doesn't look ugly).

I originally went with the orange theme to match our last board, but thinking maybe we can have a fresh start in black/white to sorta match our logo's color scheme?

Please let me know what you think, I can revert my changes back very quickly if everyone hates this :)

Let me know on your thoughts about adding STBB Radio to the main section too!! I think it's nice to have a focus on the music everyone works on and it being stretched out more makes it easier to read the song titles, click buttons, etc etc

Any feedback is helpful here, vote if you can :)
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Re: STBB - Site Tweaks / Color Change? (Vote!!)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:20 am

Image of previous theme for comparison :)
1 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:47 am

waxramble wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:09 am
Playing around with some color tonight... Changing to a consistent black will allow some more flexibility with the theme we're running (for example, now that all the bars are the same color, can re-arrange a bit more easily so it doesn't look ugly).

I originally went with the orange theme to match our last board, but thinking maybe we can have a fresh start in black/white to sorta match our logo's color scheme?

Please let me know what you think, I can revert my changes back very quickly if everyone hates this :)

Let me know on your thoughts about adding STBB Radio to the main section too!! I think it's nice to have a focus on the music everyone works on and it being stretched out more makes it easier to read the song titles, click buttons, etc etc

Any feedback is helpful here, vote if you can :)
It would be cool if you could post up an example of the black version so we can get an idea of what it would look like before voting. Is that possible?

I'm definitley into the STBB radio section being bigger and down the bottom now. Makes it more core to the main page which is good. Plus I like the new right side box selection. I can't remember what was all there before but it feels cleaner and more refined now. 8-)
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:11 am

B-Jam vs Enos wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:47 am
It would be cool if you could post up an example of the black version so we can get an idea of what it would look like before voting. Is that possible?

I'm definitley into the STBB radio section being bigger and down the bottom now. Makes it more core to the main page which is good. Plus I like the new right side box selection. I can't remember what was all there before but it feels cleaner and more refined now. 8-)
Yeah, sorry for all the crazy changes the last hour or so -- Was taking some screen shots to share.

I think the Radio section is important, showing what we do and super accessible (I listen to this at work somedays :) )

I've removed the 'coming soon' aspect of some of the sidebox stuff -- Will add it when we get around to those things, want to start keeping this for what is currently available.

Ok so some screenshots:

1. This shows why I'm trying to make a consistent bar format -- As you can see, moving the sidebar to bottom makes some of them orange and black, it doesn't look consistent and would bug the crap out of me keeping it this way

2. This is how it is now, the only change is that the bars are all black. The rest of the orange theme is still there

3. This is something I was toying around with, removing a lot of the orange elements all together and going black/white. Maybe this is too boring, curious on what you guys think:

4. Just in-case someone thought more orange was necessary... Please don't vote for this lol

Hope this helps, if anyone else has suggestions let me know too!!
1 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:25 am

I voted for black bars but with the select orange text. Looking the original orange bars one in comparison it looks too bright IMO.

However, an alternate version with dark background, light grey/white text, but orange bars and select text could look really cool and be more colourful without being too bright.
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:29 am

Yes, I do plan on making an alternate 'dark' version available very soon. I always switch to dark mode on websites when possible and think this would be great to have here too (This will be alternate/selectable by user, so you don't have to switch!!)
3 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:34 am

waxramble wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:29 am
Yes, I do plan on making an alternate 'dark' version available very soon. I always switch to dark mode on websites when possible and think this would be great to have here too (This will be alternate/selectable by user, so you don't have to switch!!)
Excellent. Great for those of us who are more light sensitive as we've discussed. 8-)
3 x

Psychedelic Schizophrenic
Location: The Shit Hole - Trashford (Somewhere In The United Kingdom)
STBB Wins: 2

Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:59 pm

I really like the black and orange look but I also really like the black and white look too.... I went with number 3 just to be a rebel... cue up the 6 month ban and warning points :lol:
2 x

Granny David

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:17 am

I'm down with whatever really. I'd still spend my time here even if the entire pages were pink and grey!
Keep up the good work, we all appreciate the time and effort that goes into this. Much love!
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 pm

Looking at the votes and posts here after posting announcement, I think you guys don't hate the new change.. phew! Gonna keep things this way for now and lock the thread, if anyone ever has feedback please let me know either through PM or a post on this board!!

Thanks for the help everyone :)
0 x

Return to “STBB News”