MOXATRON

Re: TARBOOSH Monthly Beat Battle #TRS003

Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:55 am

What's up people.

Hope there's some more entries to come.
Spoilt for choices with the amount of tracks!
Flipped the Crazy motorbike Chase track as well.

:salute: :vulcan: :peace:
Peace Mox.
2 x

Psychedelic Schizophrenic
Location: The Shit Hole - Trashford (Somewhere In The United Kingdom)
STBB Wins: 2

Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:10 pm

waxramble wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:03 pm
I never finished the original as a kid because my copy from the pawn shop was scratched up :lol: - but I really enjoyed the new version. It gets a little silly near the end with the changes, but I think they seriously did an amazing job updating the battle system and the graphics look amazing especially if you have a PS4 pro. Seriously, it's now my favorite FF I've ever played (Other favorites are 8, 6, 4, 9, 7, 10 in that order). The bummer part is probably having to wait many years for the next chapter (It only goes through the Midgar section. It gets a lot more to the point too, so it's a lot easier to actually finish the damn game while also having adult responsibilities now hah. Seriously :thumbup: :thumbup: from me and one of my favorites in recent memory

Edit: I do hope to go back to the original and finish that one day too - I'd started it a couple years ago but didn't have the time to finish. I miss being a kid with hours to just sit there and play those old JRPGs :ugeek:
Yeah definitely go back and finish the original Wax, well worth the grind I think I put well over 120 hours into the game back in the day :oops: :lol:

My favorite list in order that I've played are 7, 9, 10, 13 and 8 (Never got on with the complete change from 7 to 8, something about it just bugged me)

Well you convinced me to play it so I copped the FF7 remake on the free PS Plus download, I just need to find sometime in the next decade to start it :lol:
JoaGymshoe wrote:
yeah, I'm having a crazy month..
legal battle at work.. someone in my innercircle hospitalised.. and a buncha other stuff..
I initially tried to download the samples but didn't have enough space for that mother of a l(a)ode.
if someone wants to be so kind to send me some chops or something else I'll try to whip up something tomorrow.
SC isn't working here at the mo' btw..
Shit man sorry to hear that, send positive love and vibes your way man :thumbdown:

Sorry about the mother lode of samples :geek:
2 x

Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:22 pm

I've had a shit couple of weeks with work being a total ballache and some family stuff going on, I manged to get the 1st part done but I really wanted to get my Jenova and Jenova absolute flip finished, unfortunately I not going to get time to complete this tribute to arguably the greatest villain in the franchise.... Sephiroth

I flipped the One winged Angel and Those Chosen By The Planets with added drums, an 808 for the bassline and some rain and thunder FXs. All chopped, produced and mastered on the MPC 2500

Look forward to checking out everyone else's flips :D
2 x

ruedenz

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:09 pm

Sooooooooooooooooooooo maaaaaaaaaaany saaaaaaaaaaaaaaamples. I got kinda swamped, wish I could've done more, I will come back to that folder to do more for sure! Started 4 projects, this is the one that I developed most. It is not heavily sample based, I was still on that west coast feeling from the weekly battle not too long ago, so this is where it went.
On a personal note, my best friend in school was a HUGE FF head. Since I didn't have a gaming console and I didn't like the gaming sharing thing (mostly because I had to watch him play...) I can't really relate to it. However, after all these years I clearly remember him saying that despite the awful graphics, FF7 was his favorite (this was probably when FF12 or so was out). I did play FF10 or so a little later on when I finally had a video game console, but it didn't really grow on me. But this remake does sound promising. Well, I bought RDR2 some time ago, and did not really play that yet, so first things first. :)
Thanks for setting this up!

4 x

MzFk

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Hey there Tarboosh Records, first entry for me on this new monthly TRBB. drums, chops, cuts and just a quick keys line on the third part.
peace.
3 x

Lalaina

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:12 pm

Haded some last minute french accapella, caused a big un in tempo, destroying a bit the chop works but was funasfuchx .

4 x

waxramble
GC90

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:04 pm

Any word on when the voting thread goes live? I'm happy to help putting that up if needed!
1 x

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:52 pm

Whoa wait was I suppose to throw the vote thread up??? I will hit SDF up and find out
0 x

Return to “Monthly Beat Battle”