waxramble
GC90

STBB #727 VOTE

Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:04 am

STBB #727 VOTE

Listen to all this week's submissions, all participants need to Vote this week.

Use this thread to vote while making sure to effectively utilize:

BIG lettering,
BOLDfonts,
and/or,
Crazy Colors.

VOTE 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
for 5, 3 and 1 points respectively,
otherwise your vote will not be counted

Voting allowed from 1 posted beat or 5 posts up.
You must vote in order to be eligible for the win.
Do not vote for yourself!

Voting ENDS Friday @ Midnight, Pacific Time

To the winner:
PLEASE POST A NEW TOPIC WITH YOUR SAMPLES AND RULES BY NOON ON SATURDAY, PACIFIC TIME
Suggested sample host: https://wetransfer.com/

For default rules and more:
STBB Beat Battle Rules & Guidelines
3 x

Kongchain

Re: STBB #727 VOTE

Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:05 am

Favs:

01. Ruedenz

02. DJ AGENT M

03. Chopfyt

WigMaster
resubmann3rs
∆EN.KEEɸ
Julian Convex x JoaGymshoe
Supafly Arturo
Elev8te

This challenge really brought out the best in the entire community here. Giant biggups!
2 x

The Wig Master

Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:13 am

4. ken kee
3. anicca
2. kongchain
1. ruedenz
0 x

canoot

Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:56 am

1. Kongchain

2. Julian Convex x JoaGymshoe

3. ruedenz
0 x

nathuerlichkeit

Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:39 am

Yo so many dope ones this week!!! I am sorry I didn't make it, because I have been at my girl's place the last to weeks and will move there very soon as well.
Damn it. Blame on me to miss Dilla week. I am crying right now.
0 x

CHOPFYT

Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:22 pm

:fire: 1. ∆EN.KEEɸ :fire:
2.무상
3.WigMaster
Too many dope entries to name...everyone done a great job
1 x

SlyBlackford

Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:14 pm

1 ruedenz
2 DJ Agent M
3 JoaGymshoe x Julian Convex
0 x

∆EN.KEEɸ

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:52 pm

Great job all around guys. This week was pure bliss for me because like a lot of you I'm sure, I'm a humongous Dilla fan. I try to put a little bit of him in everything I do. The guys from this week who stood out most capturing his "essence" of sample pitch selection and and drum swing would have to be the following.

1. CHOPFYT
2. Elev8te
3.cascassette

very close to making top 3 for me:

JoaGymshoe (great tribute)
무상
Lonius
Sly Blackford
3 x

MOXATRON

Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:48 am

Amazing beats by everyone.

1.∆EN.KEEɸ
2.canoot
3.MzFk
2 x

B-Dog
STBB Wins: 3

Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:28 am

Many many great entries... props to everyone

My fav’s
1. Fla.
2. Sly Blackford
3. DJ Agent M

4. Aen kee
5. Supafly Arturo, Kung Fu Joe, Cascassette
0 x

cascassette

Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 am

Granny David & MzFk - sick beats and the illest vocal chops! Especially illest JD vocal chops. Like, I never knew some of these you know?
Elev8te - DUDE THEM DRUMS!
Super Sen - Yep that deserved the Kanye chop, I know the interview it is from too. That's a feel good beat my man. Would do good on some rappers' careers this beat.
OKJoy - Very Dilla'esque drums, vibey vibey. I also like to say that even though you ask to consider only part 1, the transition is really well done. Like a random dilla flip. Cause I'm stuck at the end feeling like I listened to a "DJ Mix" going from one vibe to the next but it fits. You don't realize it's a whole 'nother world yet there you are
naturelle.boombap - I'm a fan of your BB entries a lot. You made another one that would just really benefit some storytelling rhymes on it - but it has a lot of progression too. The beat tells a story as well, like in the back.
Supafly Arturo - Superfly interaction between the samples and synth you use at the end. This has some noisy early 90s feel to it
Trebor Lemmeg - Oof you found a way to use the hardest-to-place sample in a way that it works with the beat instead of against. Really digging those mutes, little sample sprinkles all through, very live
canoot - that artwork man!! Full package :D for real. This beat could have some weed related raps on it hehe. I really dig the JD style sloppy drums, hats/shakers come in, dope
∆EN.KEEɸ - sounding like a classic SV cut on here. Real work this track, you got me waiting for the next track on the album. Fucking sick kick too

This week I've been amazed, how everybody channeled a champion, and how so many different peeps can come up with such different cook ups from the same source. Big ups to Sil'Dante for the the work putting this week together (still so many samples unused for me, chops to last an album)
I'm curious how all y'alls workflow is and what gear. Funny to think with this week so many dilla-like flips came out, what different styles of working with samples do people use? Is it all MPC or some other stuff too? Just writing this comment and thinking about that I thought of another way to use my chopped samples in future beat battles. Cause I switch from app to app all the time.

1. ∆EN.KEEɸ
2. Elev8te
3. naturelle.boombap
3 x

Supafly Arturo

Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:45 am

Superb work everybody, tough vote as always but I love what everybody brought to the table.

1.Alinea
2.JoaGymshoe
3.Kongchain

If I "liked" your song on Soundcloud and you're not up here, you're an honorable mention. If I didn't "like" your song on Soundcloud, I still liked it, but this is my process for narrowing things down.
cascassette wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 am
I'm curious how all y'alls workflow is and what gear. Funny to think with this week so many dilla-like flips came out, what different styles of working with samples do people use? Is it all MPC or some other stuff too? Just writing this comment and thinking about that I thought of another way to use my chopped samples in future beat battles. Cause I switch from app to app all the time.
My setup is fairly limited compared to a lot of folks'. My workflow is pretty much strictly in Ableton. For a couple elements I used a digital MPC-type setup (drum rack in Ableton). I use my old-ass Yamaha keyboard to play some of my VSTs, if necessary I'll click some notes into the piano roll by hand. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen audio interface to make everything run as smoothly as possible.
I got a 1/4" cable on the way so soon I'll be able to play guitar in my songs, which I very much look forward to.
2 x

The Wig Master

Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:57 am

drums sampled off og wax into 404, chopped and eq'd in 404. created an ableton drum rack with all those drum hits. sample chops are always in simpler and bass lines are usually stock ableton bass, Tyrell or Arturia. Arturia minilab mkII for triggering pretty much everything
1 x

Fla.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:24 pm

1. ∆EN.KEEɸ

The second part sealed it for me. Nice Beat !

2. CHOPFYT

Vocal chops are on point as the drums & bass, well done

3. Alinea

I like the vibe and structure of the beat

! Cascassette / Naturelle.Boombap / Supafly Arturo / Elev8te / ruedenz
0 x

ruedenz

Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:26 pm

Alrighdy....

Let me say first that I let the whole playlist play twice yesterday when having some family time, cooking and stuff. The most pleasant listening experience, the most soothing week I ever was part of. Thank you all, I kinda needed that.

1 Sly Blackford
2 JoaGymshoe&JulienAntiConcave
3 Kongchain
3 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”