B-Jam vs Enos

Re: What are you listening to?

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm really digging Steve Spacek's new album, 'Natural Sci-Fi'.

'Well Well' is probably my choice pick off it:

Wonky soul! 8-)
1 x

BLeS24

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:27 pm

0 x

BLeS24

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:30 pm

0 x

BLeS24

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:29 pm

0 x

BettyChopper

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:02 am

waxramble wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:52 pm
BettyChopper wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:41 pm
I tried posting... what's the catch... am I embedding incorrectly? Just thought I'd say hello.... being the new guy an all(or gal ;-) )
a sort of HI... this is me. But it's not cooperating
looks like ya got it in next post haha -- should be as simple as just pasting the link, no formatting necessary :)

Word! I feel I have a bit more to share tho....lol... to be continued :D

Digging that Isiah Rashad... Not afraid to admit I'm still listening to For the Squaw.... lol.. I get tunnel vision at times. I really should have added Schoolboy Q up there bc when the boy doesn't have K-Dot on blast (head nodding and flowing like a champ!) I sneak it in.. Sooooo stuck. Last two albums are on rinse and repeat and wringing my hands in anticipation of the new one. Wish my answer was a bit more (or less) hip but wanted to truly introduce you all to Betty, her knives, her instrumentals and often corny (you know you laughed) jokes! :lol:
"working on it"
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:14 am

Have they said new Isaiah Rashad in the works? I hadn't heard of him until that last record, he's really great though! Looking forward to some new stuff someday

With Schoolboy, I always loved him on features but was kinda meh on his full albums until Blank Face, that one's excellent.

Dunno if you ever heard the Alchemist remix to Hoover Street, apparently it was the OG mix but probably some sample clearance issue or something. One of my favorite Schoolboy Q ones

2 x

BettyChopper

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:59 am

I must agree on Schoolboy BUT Oxymoron (album bf Blank face is Dope! Maybe give it another listen. He's a clever fella.. Underrated IMO but standing next to Kebdrick...
Isiah? Not sure about a new album but DO know Schoolboy will be releasing something soon. He pushed back bc of Mac Miller's passing.. apparently very close friends. I find he keeps getting better so new album should be should be great.
Speaking of, TDE signed a new artist. Reason. He's pretty dope. Just found him... really digging him so far. They've got quite the lineup... a rap dream team. Who would've thought a rapper would ever have won a Nobel prize? But hey, listen to DAMN in reverse ( originally intended order) & you've got an entirely new album on your hands. (Necessary in this house - little man told me to "sit down, be humble" today. I really hope he's just singing. Ha! )
I have not heard Uncle Al's mix but going check it as soon as The Missin Link ends.... rocking some Digable Planets at the moment courtesy of SoDamnFresh... cool show he's got going on... "Backwards Trousers" LOL! Love it. Dope spins over there... few trips down memory lane.
-Oh!Speaking of The Alchemist, anyone got a copy (vinyl please) of Isteali Salad they wanna part with? Long shot but thought I'd ask. Lol. The search continues!
-Oh and Atrocity Exhibition! Dude! You nailed it w that one. Dream team of a song ... gotta love D. Brown. The B Real comparison always got me... love that they did a song and proved they sound nothing alike .
Digging your taste in music a lot ... (Do you prefer WaxRamble or GC? ) Great to meet you btw. :-)
- Bettty B Choppin :^)
1 x

BettyChopper

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:21 am

waxramble wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:14 am

With Schoolboy, I always loved him on features but was kinda meh on his full albums until Blank Face, that one's excellent..

Oxymoron:

Black face is Outstanding but I'd still say Ixynoron is a must... it's a no skipper for me... But, Tyler and Q are awesome on The Purge, Colkard Greens is so weird and dope, What they Want is sick, Break the Bank, Los Awesome (cant help but cut a rug to this one. Lol) & Gangsta stand out. Even the radio releases are great in my humble opinion. . I'm in Louisiana and just xant help but appreciate that bounce. But seriously, Tyler the Creator is perfect on Rhe Purge and the beat on Blind Threars must be mentioned. Really I love his veat selection... Bounce Bounce for the Man of the Year. Lol. Biting my nails waiting on the new one! Hope you'll give it another spin if it's been a minute.
His grandma sounds like quite the character.Haha! Shes strapped tho... :shock:
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:21 am

BettyChopper wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:59 am
I must agree on Schoolboy BUT Oxymoron (album bf Blank face is Dope! Maybe give it another listen. He's a clever fella.. Underrated IMO but standing next to Kebdrick...
Isiah? Not sure about a new album but DO know Schoolboy will be releasing something soon. He pushed back bc of Mac Miller's passing.. apparently very close friends. I find he keeps getting better so new album should be should be great.
Speaking of, TDE signed a new artist. Reason. He's pretty dope. Just found him... really digging him so far. They've got quite the lineup... a rap dream team. Who would've thought a rapper would ever have won a Nobel prize? But hey, listen to DAMN in reverse ( originally intended order) & you've got an entirely new album on your hands. (Necessary in this house - little man told me to "sit down, be humble" today. I really hope he's just singing. Ha! )
I have not heard Uncle Al's mix but going check it as soon as The Missin Link ends.... rocking some Digable Planets at the moment courtesy of SoDamnFresh... cool show he's got going on... "Backwards Trousers" LOL! Love it. Dope spins over there... few trips down memory lane.
-Oh!Speaking of The Alchemist, anyone got a copy (vinyl please) of Isteali Salad they wanna part with? Long shot but thought I'd ask. Lol. The search continues!
-Oh and Atrocity Exhibition! Dude! You nailed it w that one. Dream team of a song ... gotta love D. Brown. The B Real comparison always got me... love that they did a song and proved they sound nothing alike .
Digging your taste in music a lot ... (Do you prefer WaxRamble or GC? ) Great to meet you btw. :-)
- Bettty B Choppin :^)
Yeah, maybe I'll go back to Oxymoron -- I think I just didn't care for Man of the Year, maybe that clouded my judgment of the rest of record haha. Out of all the TDE folks he's my favorite for features, always brings the heat! I don't know if Reason has put out his record, but the few singles I heard were pretty good, will have to look out for that project. Like you said TDE killing it.

On Mac Miller, I was never a fan of his music but his passing -- seeing how many legit folks appreciated him surprised me (Flylo, Schoolboy, Freddie Gibbs, etc etc etc) so he must have been a cool ass dude behind the scenes. Sad stuff

Nice to meet you too, I'm mostly waxramble everywhere - GC was just my old handle on the previous boards haha

Listening to Fetti tonight, this one def my favorite

Edit: Saw your second post, I'll give it another chance tomorrow and let ya know!! :)
1 x

BettyChopper

Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:41 am

I was a late fan of Miller's... this latest album is truly amazing tho he does have some good older stuff some is just a bit juvenile in lyrics... guess I'm getting old. Lol. Pusha is looking like a strong contendender but it would be cool to see Swimming get some sort of Grammy Nod. The dude was friends w everyone and all speak so highly of him. The benefit concert was crazy. Earl and Vince both clearly close family friends.. and thundercat (dudes awesome)...
Swimming is a way more mature album.. truly beautiful . Such a huge loss. Clearly the kid was just getting started and could do it all...
Link below is great.

Tiny Desk Concert :

Edit: Saw your second post, I'll give it another chance tomorrow and let ya know!! :)
[/quote]
3 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:10 am

BettyChopper wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:41 am
I was a late fan of Miller's
worrrrd!.. I posted this on old stmb too I think.. still gets me misty eyed.. tragic.. and frustrating not knowing what would have been <3.
1 x

BLeS24

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:11 pm

I remember not really feeling Mac early on in his career. Made his way to the top shelf of my list well before stepping out though. Only just recently was able to watch that tiny desk all the way through again. watching became like a gut punch, dude was so talented and still going. RIP.

1 x

BLeS24

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:23 pm

and to circle back a few posts and include another soul in the game seriously missed that always finds my air time... r.i.P!

0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:04 pm

I think you guys convinced me to give Mac another shot.. I'll be honest and say sometimes I can be ignorant on folks at first listen. I dunno if people remember the war long time ago when I first joined STMB (It's funny, I had lurked for years but created what I thought would be a burner account with 'GC90' lol) to complain about Madlib working with Freddie Gibbs who at the time I thought was kind of wack -- Now he's one of my favorite rappers doing his thing right now lol (I will say though, pre-Pinata FG projects were still pretty meh imo -- Even FG talks about his original mixtape being 'snitch tape' lol). Same with Anderson Paak, I could not stand that dude's voice at first but over time I grew to appreciate him and think he's a super cool dude now. It takes me some time to adjust but I will say I finally get it eventually most of the time haha -- Most recent case was Travis Scott, Astroworld it finally clicked for me

I was just used to his much earlier stuff and never went back for a listen. That said, I did actually like this track with the Flylo production which is a bit older I think

3 x

BettyChopper

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:21 am

BLeS24 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:11 pm
I remember not really feeling Mac early on in his career. Made his way to the top shelf of my list well before stepping out though. Only just recently was able to watch that tiny desk all the way through again. watching became like a gut punch, dude was so talented and still going. RIP.

I know what you mean... the Tiny Desk is an awesome venue and watching Mac perform brought tears to my eyes several times.. It was super special that ThunderCat was there with him.. Mac called him his Best Friend... They were great together.. It always blew my mind (still does) how someone so young , whom I've never met could have such an effect on me.. My husband and I watched the Celebration of Life Charity event that his parents hosted and we cried almost the whole way thru... At the end when Vince Staples has Mac's mom around the waist and won't let go, you can just feel the effect he had on so many people with not only his music but also his personality.. I have NEVER heard anyone say a slightly negative thing about the kid.. And SWIMMING is one of the most beautiful, raw, honest, moving albums I've heard in a long time.... I'm still spinning it but I'll leave yall with something a bit more fun.. Oh, and if you can find it (should be easy) check out his last interview with Zane Lowe on YouTube as well as he and Rick Ruben talking about Swimming at the start of it's creation. .The music (and world in general) lost a bright light that I know was going to go places no one ever expected..

REST EASY MAC

ON A FUNNER NOTE:: ENJOY
0 x

Return to “Music”