BushBeats

Organization Tips

Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Been trying to build up my sound library, and realizing that it's just turning into a pile of random shit that is kinda workflow prohibitive. I figure paring things down makes sense (don't need 2000 kick drums), but not sure the best way to categorize/organize.

What's your strategy for organizing drums, instruments, plugins, etc? How do you have your various folders set up? When you get a new drum kit, do you like to keep it intact to keep the sounds together, or separate so you have ALL your kicks in one place, ALL snares in one place, etc?
0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Re: Organization Tips

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:47 pm

I have my samples meta-tagged in Maschine, and it has a 'favourite' function which when enabled in search will only show samples which have been favorited. It makes for a great workflow so I can very quickly drill down to say my favourite kicks, regardless of where they are in my library.
0 x

okjoy

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:56 am

I would suggest just making folders that make sense to you. You can think of different vibes, instruments, drum styles. I use the 1000 so for organizing drums I put breaks in folders. High hats, snares and kicks in their full break forms into their own folders.
0 x

Drago Zetić

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:30 am

For drums, I keep each type inside its own folder (kicks, hats, snares, ...), each with an extra folder inside them for multiple hit samples (rolls and fills). For melodic samples, I just store them all in their respective folders named after the songs and store inside a single folder, though I should probably start separating them by types (short, long, chords, ...).
0 x

BushBeats

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am

Thx for the tips!
0 x

Return to “Producers”