Granny David

STBB Leadersboard

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:23 pm

As the forever site is new, I'd like to float the idea of having a fresh new leadersboard for weekly stbb winners, or even start-up a new one in the new year?

It could be kept very basic, and also simple to keep up to date.
The leadersboard would only consists of the names of those who win future beat battles. It could be as simple as awarding 2 points to the weekly winner, and 1 point each if it's a tie. So it'd be very easy to maintain.

As there's a lot of competitive producers in the community, it may encourage people to participate more often if there's a ranking system of some kind. There doesn't have to be a monthly or yearly prize for who finishes 1st at any particular point in time, it could just be there for all to enjoy in future years to come, seeing a record and history of winners.

Just an idea.

GD
0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Re: STBB Leadersboard

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:26 pm

I have done this already for my own interest and have a record from the start of this year. :ugeek:

There have been 33 different winners over the last 50 weeks, and it's Elan Vital who is currently in the lead by just half a point!

1. elan vital 4.5pts
2. Lonius = FatVonFree 4pts
3. Kowalzki = JoaGymshoe 3pts

It's great there has been so many different winners and that no one person is dominating. I feel that means there are lots of great beatmakers battling away week in week out rather than just a core few, as that could get a bit stale.

You can see the full table here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Atl_C0hcn3NWiVlK-MvI8Q4Wzglq

It made more sense to me to have it 1 point per win and a .5 for a draw, then it's even easier to see how many wins someone has had. Joa has won twice on his own and twice as a collab, so maybe we could make it 0.5 points each for a 2 person collab as well? Seems fair.

There's already a stickied thread which has each winners track since we moved here (needs updated though), but maybe we can also have a sticky thread that the mods can record each years winner or top 5 in or something? Along with their SC URL shortcut maybe?

That could grow into a nice resource as well as being the STBB 'Hall of Fame'. 8-)
2 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:41 am

I'm a fan of this, we can do a final 2018 count and start a Hall of Fame page in January :)

For 2019, we can start a sticky thread for the leaderboard specifically -- I think keeping a tally of Top 5 would be cool. For each name we can link to their SC URL as well I like that. If I had to vote, I think I'd go with the 1 and .5 point system as B-Jam said to make it a little easier to keep track of wins. It's awesome to see how close things are for 2018 as it means everyone here is producing some great music!! Hopefully in 2019 we will continue to grow too so there will be even more variety and new sounds coming.
2 x

Granny David

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 pm

B-Jam vs Enos wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:26 pm
I have done this already for my own interest and have a record from the start of this year. :ugeek:

There have been 33 different winners over the last 50 weeks, and it's Elan Vital who is currently in the lead by just half a point!

1. elan vital 4.5pts
2. Lonius = FatVonFree 4pts
3. Kowalzki = JoaGymshoe 3pts

It's great there has been so many different winners and that no one person is dominating. I feel that means there are lots of great beatmakers battling away week in week out rather than just a core few, as that could get a bit stale.

You can see the full table here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Atl_C0hcn3NWiVlK-MvI8Q4Wzglq

It made more sense to me to have it 1 point per win and a .5 for a draw, then it's even easier to see how many wins someone has had. Joa has won twice on his own and twice as a collab, so maybe we could make it 0.5 points each for a 2 person collab as well? Seems fair.

There's already a stickied thread which has each winners track since we moved here (needs updated though), but maybe we can also have a sticky thread that the mods can record each years winner or top 5 in or something? Along with their SC URL shortcut maybe?

That could grow into a nice resource as well as being the STBB 'Hall of Fame'. 8-)
waxramble wrote:
I'm a fan of this, we can do a final 2018 count and start a Hall of Fame page in January :)

For 2019, we can start a sticky thread for the leaderboard specifically -- I think keeping a tally of Top 5 would be cool. For each name we can link to their SC URL as well I like that. If I had to vote, I think I'd go with the 1 and .5 point system as B-Jam said to make it a little easier to keep track of wins. It's awesome to see how close things are for 2018 as it means everyone here is producing some great music!! Hopefully in 2019 we will continue to grow too so there will be even more variety and new sounds coming.

B-Jam, you beauty! That's great that you've kept track of things man. Excellent work!
I'm down with what you guys are saying, it makes a lot more sense. I agree with 0.5 for collabs and draws too.
Looks like you guys are way ahead of me on this lol but a Hall of Fame does sound like a great idea. Extra credit for the elite!
1 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:01 pm

waxramble wrote:

Sounds great. 8-)
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:49 pm

I'm gonna put together a page this weekend I hope, will be sure to share it soon :)
2 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:51 pm

app.php/wall-of-fame

Took a stab at it, will fill in after the final battle of the year :)

If anyone has some ideas or better graphics for me to use, let me know!!

Edit: Also, the links will go to each person's Soundcloud -- just have them going to this board for placeholder :P
1 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:05 pm

waxramble wrote:
app.php/wall-of-fame

Edit: Also, the links will go to each person's Soundcloud -- just have them going to this board for placeholder :P
Hey, i'm a graphic designer so I can help with some better graphics. :)

I'll speak to you about it next week when I'm back in the studio.

PS I'm designing the Survival of The Fittest artwork as well. 8-)
2 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:43 pm

B-Jam vs Enos wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:05 pm
waxramble wrote:
app.php/wall-of-fame

Hey, i'm a graphic designer so I can help with some better graphics. :)

I'll speak to you about it next week when I'm back in the studio.

PS I'm designing the Survival of The Fittest artwork as well. 8-)
Awesome, appreciate the help here :)

Looking forward to the compilation and artwork!!
1 x

MellowYouth

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:33 pm

https://stbbforever.wordpress.com/

the STBB archive wordpress is updated, if that will help with this process
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks Mellow!! I've made sure to include this on the main site links section, also referenced on the new wall of fame

app.php/wall-of-fame

Props to everyone that made it on there and B-Jam for the assist on art direction! :)

Let me know what you think!
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:58 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59

Will start keeping track of every weekly winner on this thread as well for easy counting when it comes to 2019 Wall of Fame :)
1 x

Return to “STBB News”