waxramble
GC90

STBB Forever x unseen.boutique Charity Compilation

Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:56 am

As many of you know, a few months ago I started a little label. After getting the first couple releases out, I knew the next thing I'd want to work on is some collaboration with this community. An idea I've had for some time now is a compilation that shows the community's music outside of the weekly battles. While the battles are a ton of fun and the glue that keeps this group together, I've always wondered what a 'showcase' or 'greatest hits' compilation would sound like. What I'm thinking here is getting a track from anyone interested that they would consider their best, or something interesting , or anything else that might not typically be within the rules of a weekly or monthly battle. I'd be happy to include an STBB track if you feel that is what you want to represent yourself - but I'd encourage anyone who participates to consider this a way to show your work outside of this site too!

Another thing I'd thought about with this was doing something positive with the music - this year has been insane and a lot of people could use help now. I know we're not going to solve any problems completely, but doing something to help would mean a lot to me. I plan on donating $500 to the International Red Cross on the release of the compilation and I encourage anyone else to donate to any charity they believe in as well. Any money from Bandcamp purchases will also be immediately sent to the ICRC.

I'm really excited to hear what comes from this, I know we're going to put a lot of great music out there together! Thanks in advance to anyone who participates and/or donates to a good cause.

Rules:
1. To participate, please fill out the form here. If you have any issues with the form, feel free to PM me with a WeTransfer link too.
2. Please provide up to three tracks in WAV format for me to select from for the final tracklisting.
3. No rules regarding samples/instruments/etc used - I just ask that beats stay under 4 minutes and also that no full acapellas are used unless it's you on the mic
4. Please only share your tracks that have not been released under another label. Just want to make sure I don't interfere with the rights of a label you work with - an example the comes to mind is anything on the Survival of the Freshest compilations.

The deadline for entries is December 19th - I then plan on putting together the sequence and finalize everything with an expected release date of December 31st. I think it would be nice to sign off this year with something positive!

The music will be uploaded to both STBB Forever and unseen.boutique Bandcamp pages. For Soundcloud, I will reach out and let you know which track I've selected so that you may upload it there (if it's not already there!) and I plan to make a playlist so everyone gets credit like the beat battles :)

Thanks again everyone, please let me know if you have any questions or feedback for this project too. Peace!!
7 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Re: STBB Forever x unseen.boutique Charity Compilation

Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:50 am

in!
1 x

bleep

Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:24 am

Sounds interesting!
1 x

SIL'DANTE
STBB Wins: 3

Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:13 am

Great initiative Wax, sounds like a very good idea !
waxramble wrote:
4. Please do not provide any music where rights are also shared with another label. Something that comes to mind are Survival of the Freshest entries - as the rights may get a bit complicated and I don't want to interfere with any of that!
I'm not sure to understand this quote, do you mean we have to send you tracks that are sample cleared, or that we can't send you a track that have already been officially released on a label ?
1 x

Supafly Arturo

Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:53 pm

I'm down
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:42 pm

SIL'DANTE wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:13 am
Great initiative Wax, sounds like a very good idea !
waxramble wrote:
4. Please do not provide any music where rights are also shared with another label. Something that comes to mind are Survival of the Freshest entries - as the rights may get a bit complicated and I don't want to interfere with any of that!
I'm not sure to understand this quote, do you mean we have to send you tracks that are sample cleared, or that we can't send you a track that have already been officially released on a label ?
Ahh, I'll tweak this sorry! I mean the second part, that if you've already officially released your track on another label - I don't want to interfere with their rights to post it on this compilation. I think as far as samples go, the same way we do the battles works here ;)
0 x

SIL'DANTE
STBB Wins: 3

Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:19 pm

okay nice, thank you. I'm definitely in ! ;-)
1 x

Supafly Arturo

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:22 pm

Question: if I post the song for this compilation, do you think it'd be okay if sometime down the line I put the song on an album? I have a buddy who's been releasing his songs on Spotify and has offered to do the same for me, I don't think he'd be too mad about one of the songs were on this compilation and it eventually also made it's way to one of my beat albums that I eventually put out, but I would like to hear your thoughts first.

If you'd rather I kept the song exclusive to this compilation, that's no problem I'd still be happy to include it on this project, but I just figured I'd cover my bases.
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Supafly Arturo wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:22 pm
Question: if I post the song for this compilation, do you think it'd be okay if sometime down the line I put the song on an album? I have a buddy who's been releasing his songs on Spotify and has offered to do the same for me, I don't think he'd be too mad about one of the songs were on this compilation and it eventually also made it's way to one of my beat albums that I eventually put out, but I would like to hear your thoughts first.

If you'd rather I kept the song exclusive to this compilation, that's no problem I'd still be happy to include it on this project, but I just figured I'd cover my bases.
Good question too!

Everything on the unseen.boutique side, I'm not taking exclusive rights to the songs from any artists. I'd just hope that whatever is submitted for this compilation can remain on the release in addition to any future projects elsewhere - if it were some type of deal breaker for any project you're working on though I would of course remove it from this comp, but it would be a bummer to alter the original release anyway.

Also, while the full release will be on Bandcamps - another thought I've had just now is that rather than uploading all the music to the UB Soundcloud, I can just create a playlist from an upload from anyone that participates too - like we do for the beat battles.

Hope this helps, let me know if any other questions too :)
0 x

Supafly Arturo

Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:59 pm

That sounds fine! If I were to ever release the one song I'm thinking, it'd be just for like, an album of beats that I've made over the years, not like any sort of big projects or anything, just a personal release to get those songs just out there so people can hear them. I'll get together the three songs I'll want to send you, I think you'll be pleased.
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:03 am

Sweet! Looking forward to checking them out :)
0 x

ruedenz

Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:51 am

Man that sounds great, I'll try to bring something to the table
1 x

The DTs

Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:36 pm

Man I'm in. You're welcome to anything. I will try to select something too. Great you are getting this together. Look forward to hearing it.
1 x

Dj Joey Joe

Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:05 am

Cool, I'm in, I got a ton of unreleased beats just collecting dust that I haven't decided if I wanted to put on any upcoming album, I'll pick three, touch them up a little bit, and send them before the deadline. :thumbup:
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Another question I've gotten is if I'm wanting to put three of the tracks on the comp or if I'm selecting just one - I was going to take up to three from you and pick my favorite to put on here.

Just sharing in-case anyone else was wondering about that :)

BTW I've got one entry so far :lol: - Hope we get some more before the 12th :mrgreen:
1 x

Return to “STBB Compilations”