"[Your favorite artist] Type Beat"
Nothing in this world is entirely new.
Everything is a collage, an adaption, created through experimentation and mimicking of what we´ve learned as working positively while growing up.
Now you´ve probably seen the flood of "XY type beats" online raising your eyebrows and hatin´ (consider myself guilty here) but ultimately copying is a part of learning and therefor improving and finding your way as an artist. Let´s see how that works for us and what we can learn from it
- Use the sample(s) and try to recreate the style of your favorite artist/producer (can be current favorite or all-time).
Listen consciously to how they use and chop samples, their drum, arrangement and mixing choices etc.
- Put brackets with ([your favorite artist] type beat) at the end of the song title.
- Briefly tell us in the post about your process and learnings creating the beat.
- HAVE FUN
- Outside Instruments/VST/ - YES
- Vocal Shots/FX - YES
- Other Musical Samples - NO
- Full Acapellas - NO
The fine print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 708“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time.
Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.
For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
Label entries that are posted after the deadline as 'late entry' and entries that don't comply with the rules as: 'non-entry' in your track title.
EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time
Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: https://wetransfer.com/