JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:10 pm

Kyberrr wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:33 am

So what does STBB stand for anyway? I've been participating in The Producers Corner sample challenge lately and stumbled upon this forum via a Reddit post. I've been looking for a sample challenge that doesn't require me to use Facebook, and this also seems like a pretty cool forum.
hey man.. welcome!

STBB doesn't stand for anything anymore, lol
it used to be Stones Throw Beat Battle till Stones Throw Label closed their messagboard end of 2018 after hosting the beat battles on there for about 9 years.
we decided..to start up this page and continue on, on our own..
and called it STBB Forever.
that's the short version.

looking forward to hearing your contributions!

pz Joa
1 x

Odo

Sun May 10, 2020 8:13 am

Hello, I make music under the name Odo. I live in Tacoma, WA. I grew up playing bass and doing vocals in punk and hardcore bands, and got into making beats around 2010 or so as a means to make music by myself.
I'm very recently returned to making beats after about a
4 year hiatus. You can find my stuff at soundcloud.com/odonian although almost all of it is from before that hiatus.
I was actually on the old boards for a little while and did two or three battles under a different music name. I like these kinds of battles because I like the creative push of making something out of a sample I didnt pick myself.
After getting started in Ableton I eventually moved onto an MPC, the death of which kicked off my hiatus. Recently I purchased a Digitakt and cant imagine making music on any other sequencer now that I'm used to the Elektron work flow. I also have a Novation Bass Station and Digitone arriving soon.
4 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun May 10, 2020 9:18 pm

Welcome back man! Cool to see another local WA resident here :)

Looking forward to checking out your STBB entries!
1 x

Razohr
STBB Wins: 1

Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:23 am

Cratetivity wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:17 pm
1. Who are you? Where are you from? Where can we find your music?

My name is Razohr, 32 and from Hamburg in Germany. You can find my music at the moment just at soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/razohr
More is coming soon.

2. How did you get into making music? What's your story?
3. How did you learn about STBB? If you're an OG how long have you been a part of the community?

I got into producing music 2014 (was rapping and djing as a child) when i was at my lowest point, after losing my girl, unborn child, my job and my home. I was homeless at that moment, living on a couch at a friends flat, with a heavy depression. Only thing left i had was my old pc, so i downloaded ableton. And fuck yeah, it was the best therapy i could get. I have no musical background, so i started to learn my DAW and got into sampling. Shortly after that, i found the old STBB board and was part of it a couple of times under my old name "DwayneChambers / Dwayne! Productions". It was so great for a rookie like me, because i had more comments and good critics for my music, then ever before and after that time.

2-3 years ago, Sony striked my SC channel 3 times in a row for some 90s boom bap remixes (acapellas from vinyl!) and my account was gone. I had no music presence back then on other sites, so i lost all my followers and was fucked up really bad. It was the time where i was back in worklife, had a fresh own flat and was more busy then ever. I lost the focus on music a little bit, started a new channel with new name, but never made any advertising. Now i have some nice new gear and want to reroll the dice.

4. What gear or DAW do you use? Any cool setups out there??

• Ableton Live 9
  • Ableton Live 10
  • SM PRO IN5E Soundinterface (With Phono. Hell yeah!)
  • Ensoniq ASR 10 (fully expanded, with output expander, harddrive and aloooot old discs from the first hand owner, who produced blues & country)
  • MPC 2000 XL SE3 (fully expanded, with output expander, effect board and card reader)
  • Traktor Control Z2
  • Vestax PDX-2000 (My first love)
  • Vestax PDX-d3 MKII
  • Ortofon Concorde Digital MKII Twin
  • KRK Rokit 5
  • Many wax
If anyone is interested in a collabo; producers, rappers or singers, just write me. I am always open to it.

Peace.
Thats my post. Just switched the name, because Cratetivity was bullshit. ;)
3 x

Return to “STBB News”