waxramble
GC90

STBB Chat

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi all,

Tonight I've found a cool plug-in that will allow us to have a chat room for the board. I've been testing it and it seems to be working, but if this does cause any of you issues please let me know so we can determine whether we can keep this around long-term.

So there are two ways to chat, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and see it or you can go to a separate page here

If you right click another user's name, you can send them a private message too. I think this can be helpful if you want to do some real-time collaboration or just shoot the shit :lol: . I know everyone is all over different social medias, figure having some universal way of chatting here could be nice.

Anyway, let me know what you think! One worry I have is having it on the front-page could maybe cause the page to load slower, if many of you report that happening I can probably keep this dedicated to the separate page.

:peace:

1 x

JoaGymshoe

Re: STBB Chat

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:52 am

waxramble wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:27 pm
Hi all,

worrrrd!..
glad you got that to work wax.
I'm not on what's app and some stbb buddies are leaving facebook..others are on google hangout etc.etc.
so this is a nice place to congregate for banter and talk real time for collabs.

edit: ah, I thought the private messaging would be in a chatroom and instant as well?.
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:38 pm

I found this on their support board - https://www.canidev.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 72&lang=en

Basically, the developer doesn't plan to support messaging offline members because there is already a Private Message function in place...

For anyone online though, you can send a private message and everything should be relatively instant (I think there may be a 3-5 second delay)

Below is how to start a private conversation (Right click the person's name):

Hope this helps, let me know if anything else you have questions on!
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:55 am

I feel like it got a little cluttered at the bottom of the page, so will keep it going on the Chat page here - https://stbbforever.com/chat
0 x

Return to “STBB News”