Baschar

Utukku EP

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:20 am

long time since i dwelled here in the forum... due to the current situation i finally found the time to put some music together and finish it. check it out if you like, would be glad to hear your thoughts. stay safe.

also available on bandcamp:

and for everyone who likes to stream it on spotify, applemusic or whatever

https://musics.link/utukku
1 x

okjoy

Re: Utukku EP

Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:04 pm

very nice work here, my dude. a great variety of vibes, you really have a distinctive style. ninurta is my favourite jam on here. also the last track, an, that's a heavyweight boogie track you sampled there, sounds great.

just wondering, so are some of these played live and some sampled?
0 x

artisanaljuiceshop

Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Really liking all the tracks man so many different emotions felt throughout, but they still have a distinct flavor that tie them all together.... Lilitu is STRAIGHT fire! Edimmu is really dope too..

and now I have to ask you, what did you use for production on these?
0 x

Baschar

Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:43 am

hey you two, thanks for listening, i really appreciate your feedback and i am glad you like the tracks.

okjoy as for the samples: Lilitu and An use sampled tracks. Lilitu actually was an entry on a beatbattle here many years ago. The other tracks are all played either with vst-instruments or live instruments. Edimmu is completely live except for a kickdrum i layerd under the drumkit.

artisanaljuiceshop (what a name :P ) i use ableton live 9 as a DAW and then my outboard equipment. which is the microKORG, 3 KORG Volcas (Beats, Sample, Keys) as well as the Behringer Model D. Other than that i play the guitar and the bass live if i can and for Edimmu i recorded a drumkit.

i will have the tracks up on spotify tomorrow if nothing goes wrong, so add them to a playlist if you like but i will also post the link here once they are up.

again, thanks a lot for your replies.
1 x

Return to “Hype”