MOXATRON

Paying for Samples

Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:48 am

Okay,

this may seem rather obvious to others but not for me,

I finally bought some sample packs and drum sample packs from The Drum Broker. Some CrabTree jazzy stuff and some Cookin Soul Drums.

Does this mean I won't have any problems if i wanted to use/sell a beat if it's from the samples as I've payed for the samples?

I've also been looking into Tracklib, I'm yet to pay for a subscription and Licence with them, but they seem to be pretty open as to how it works with having the samples cleared....

Peace Mox.
0 x

HeavyDrama

Re: Paying for Samples

Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:18 am

All sample packs should have a license agreement text file in the folder containing the samples.
If not it's usually stated directly on the product page or in the FAQ on the website.

Generally speaking drums tend to be "royalty free" because very few people truly design or record custom drums especially with hip hop producer kits.
Melodic and composition based stuff you need to double check as composers are now protecting themselves from selling their work for cheap then missing out when it's used for a big hit...this is the case here with Matt Crabtree
MOXATRON wrote: ... The Drum Broker. Some CrabTree jazzy stuff and some Cookin Soul Drums.
Does this mean I won't have any problems if i wanted to use/sell a beat if it's from the samples as I've payed for the samples?
Nah you'll be fine with these. Cookin soul pack is "100% royalty free".
Crabtree joint has conditions but I wouldnt worry about it. Here is the link to the agreement.

Tracklib was fire when you could just buy what you wanted the subscription model kinda let me down

Anyway hope this helps :peace:
0 x

Return to “Producers”