beatfux

streaming services and their rules

Wed May 01, 2019 6:58 am

hey guys,
at the moment i'm struggling with bringing an album to the major streaming services. anybody got experience with that?
the problem is that the album artist is, for some songs, different from the track artists. there are in total 3 artists, one of them should be the album artist.
labeling as "various artists" is not an option because then nobody would catch the name of the album artist. searching for the album artist should lead to the album.

thanks!
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Re: streaming services and their rules

Wed May 01, 2019 9:43 pm

You might be able to shoot We Grow Wax a private message and ask, I know they got the compilation on all streaming services so he might know

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=129
0 x

beatfux

Re: streaming services and their rules

Sun May 05, 2019 4:37 am

waxramble wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:43 pm
You might be able to shoot We Grow Wax a private message and ask, I know they got the compilation on all streaming services so he might know

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=129
yo, thanks for the hint. in the meantime i managed to get it through but it was ridiculous..
there are so many rules and formatting guidelines you gotta follow. when it's allowed to use which abbreviation and when not. or when you can use which type of parentheses.
the ultimate bullshit came down when i thought i had everything right and the tunecore content review team sent me a message, saying i needed to check the album title, track titles and artwork for language inconsistencies, because everything needs to be written in the same language. otherwise, they would only be able to send the release to all shops except iTunes.

.. well ok then, fuck iTunes :evil:
0 x

Return to “Producers”