okjoy

Posting your stuff to social media?

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:41 pm

What's up people. How do you feel about posting your stuff to your personal social media like IG or Facebook?

I have no problem posting stuff to forums because I feel like people will understand better. I feel like FB will be judgemental and I don't want to get caught up in getting likes and all that, social media makes me anxious as hell.

What's the best way to approach this in terms of both mindset and how to portray yourself? Just trying to figure this out.
1 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Re: Posting your stuff to social media?

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:15 am

If you are happy with your work then go ahead and share it on the likes of FB. Everyone is judgemental about everything so don't let that put you off. OK the vast majority of listeners won't dig it, but that's the same for all underground music. Never let that hold you back though.

Maybe start with just sharing stuff in genre specific FB groups rather than your main FB page?

One thing to always remember though, no matter where you post your work, is that there is SO many other people doing the same thing that it can be very hard to get people to even listen to, never mind like your stuff.

That's actually why communities like STBB can be far more beneficial to focus on when it comes to sharing music as we all support each other and take time to listen to each others beat battle submission each week and often give great feedback which can be hard to get on your tracks when just out on your own in the world wild web.

PS Just checked your stuff on SC. Dope man! Really digging a log of that. Definitely get yourself involved in our beat battles as I think you would do well. 8-)
2 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:47 am

I agree with B-Jam on that..

also it seems instagram is the hot thing at the moment.
was wondering if anyone on here is familiar with it...
and how to possibly go about creating a presence on it for STBBF..
are there niche things?.. groups etc?
tactics?

1 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:17 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:

tactics?

Just been reading up on Instagram 'groups', and there is no such thing. :roll:
1 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:24 am

B-Jam vs Enos wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:17 am
JoaGymshoe wrote:

tactics?

Just been reading up on Instagram 'groups', and there is no such thing. :roll:
aight.. a presence of sorts would be good though..
I'll ask my son ;)
1 x

okjoy

Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:17 pm

Damn thanks for breaking that down B-Jam vs Enos, I haven't looked into genre specific Facebook groups. I might start entering the battles then. Thanks for the kind words and follow on SC, followed you back.

Joa, I suppose you're right, someone else told me that insta is a lot more popular than fb right now.

I guess I'm just going to try and post a few items on each platform
3 x

Granny David

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:22 am

Hey man you should definitely get involved in the battles!

I've been making music for 20 years but only finally got around to putting some of it online about a year ago. I don't have FB or Twitter, just a SC account. I was struggling to get plays as nobody knew who the hell I was lol. It was difficult getting heard that way.

I then joined the battles here around July last year and I only wish I'd joined in years ago!
Since being a part of this community I have made countless friends and learned many things about making music, and also about my own work and technical habits. I can definitely hear an improvement in my own work since being involved here.
Now I actually have an 'audience' of some kind, whereas before it felt like a waste of time.

I'd say you should try joining in with the beat battles! They really help keep us on our toes, step up our game a bit.
Self-improvement is just one thing you can gain from competing here, not to mention gaining many friends who are in the same boat.
It's a fantastic community to be a part of!
:earth:
4 x

okjoy

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 pm

That's awesome dude, I'm glad to hear about your positive experience in the battles. Thanks for the encouragement, I'll consider entering the next one!
0 x

Return to “Producers”