Brotha B

Reality show for producers

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey Stbb fam. Came across this youtube show called house of beats. Its fun to watch and they just started the series a few months ago. I think most of y'all would dig it.
4 x

naturelleboombap

Re: Reality show for producers

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:06 am

thank you for posting that. it gives me new inspiration.
1 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:01 am

wo!.. just watched them all that Egomi dude!
and Don P !
1 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:02 am

put links to stbbforever in the comments of all episodes.
1 x

CHOPFYT

Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:11 am

This is pretty interesting. Good to see different styles and the range of software/hardware being used. Also good to see supportive criticism (I am only on episode 2) for such a wide range of styles
0 x

CHOPFYT

Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:32 pm

The more I watch this the less I want to get into DAW/Controller driven production it all sounds so plastic and similar the sample flip exposes this. The fact that they used (maybe for copyright reasons) a "sample" from machine masters is quite telling, they were obviously looking for a particular sound....if you aint got an 808 no one gives a fuck type bit
0 x

HeavyDrama

Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:46 am

CHOPFYT wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:11 am
This is pretty interesting. Good to see different styles and the range of software/hardware being used. Also good to see supportive criticism (I am only on episode 2) for such a wide range of styles
Bingo! You got it...
CHOPFYT wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:32 pm
The more I watch this the less I want to get into DAW/Controller driven production it all sounds so plastic and similar the sample flip exposes this. The fact that they used (maybe for copyright reasons) a "sample" from machine masters is quite telling, they were obviously looking for a particular sound....if you aint got an 808 no one gives a fuck type bit
...ah no you didn't get it all.

Mad ignorant comment about the tools used.
Absolutely baffled how you can be part of this beat battle community and not show respect to having 1 hour to flip a 17 second vocal clip.
Why wouldn't they use a sample from their extensive sample pack library?
Also you missed the whole point of them using a Boonie Mayfield sample and paying homage to his internet legacy and sample chop game.
They made no attempt to hide the fact the entire "contest" had been curated to look for a specific sound and person...come on man they're sitting in a commercial studio with a sync manager as a judge lol and Subpac, Rob Papen, IK Multimedia, Output as sponsors :lol:

I have that pack I can send you the 17 second vocal sample if you wanna show us how it's done :?:
0 x

HeavyDrama

Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:51 am

Egomi had the range and the engineering skills but Don P a straight monster with those beats I'd actually listen to his music.
0 x

CHOPFYT

Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:40 pm

HeavyDrama wrote:
sync manager as a judge lol and Subpac, Rob Papen, IK Multimedia, Output as sponsors
all that means nothing to me, does that mean everyone has to make the same sort of beats? I dont know how Im disrespecting them Im just saying I didnt like everything they turned out thats not disrespect its just opinion.

The show describes itself as a reality show for producers not a reality show for DAW users making beats between 120 and 140 bpm :mrgreen:

You can send me stems if you like I probably wouldnt make anything good, I definitely couldnt make something like them and Im ok with that, the beats I make arent for everyone and Im glad I dont sound like every other person out there with a midi controller and a loop pack
0 x

HeavyDrama

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:31 am

CHOPFYT wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:40 pm
HeavyDrama wrote:
sync manager as a judge lol and Subpac, Rob Papen, IK Multimedia, Output as sponsors
all that means nothing to me*, does that mean everyone has to make the same sort of beats? I dont know how Im disrespecting them* Im just saying I didnt like everything they turned out thats not disrespect its just opinion*.

The show describes itself as a reality show for producers not a reality show for DAW users* making beats between 120 and 140 bpm* :mrgreen:

You can send me stems if you like I probably wouldnt make anything good*, I definitely couldnt make something like them and Im ok with that, the beats I make arent for everyone* and Im glad I dont sound like every other person out there with a midi controller and a loop pack*
Hate to see it.
0 x

CHOPFYT

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:49 am

What?
0 x

CHOPFYT

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:49 am

Having spent some time recently using FL I think my opinion above was harsh. I still think they couldve had more diverse styles in this group and at least a couple of Hardware lead producers but theyre is a lot more merit in these guys skills than I gave them credit for. :oops:
1 x

Dj Joey Joe

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:35 pm

I saw this on youtube a few months ago, I was so excited and after watching the first episode not so much, it was just like how they did the "Master Of The Mix" show which wasn't about turntablism but like how Chopfyt said "DAW producing" instead. I will say even though I'm not really into trap rap or trap beats, some of the beats those kats did were nice, but after watching the third episode I got disinterested and stopped. It became too much about the endorsing of product & making commercialized sounds than the idea of producers sampling & choppin' up beats like we do with the STBB battles and Mass Appeal does with Rhythm Roulette.
0 x

HeavyDrama

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 pm

The channel is called "Maschine Masters". 90% of the content over the last 8 years has been focused on tutorials for computer + controller based workflows. I really feel you guys have unreasonable and myopic expectations for what the platform should be delivering to it's audience (which is clearly not you). To see cats come through with a 3000+s950 combo would be a complete curve ball to the following they've built.

Sitting in a room full of old shit from 30 years ago I agree that a more diverse group including cats that use classic gear would make for a good show, but expecting this to be the vehicle for that seems a bit of a stretch.

On a broader note fuck the gear snobbery. Everything has different strengths and can happily compliment and exist together. Hardware can bring a different mindset and some outboard can enhance your mixes in a different way to in the box, conversely you can do things in a computer that are impossible in the analog domain. If you can't make slaps on whatever you have available the whole conversation is just bullshit anyway.

You can make trap on a mpc so what the fuck are we even talking about here :lol:
2 x

waxramble
GC90

Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 am

Madlib produced Bandana on an iPad mini :mrgreen:
2 x

Return to “Producers”