ras dude

Reason

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Any Reason users?
0 x

metadepth

Re: Reason

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:14 pm

I loved reason 5 but havn't used it in a while and am considering switching from ableton simple bc buying a license for reason 10 is prob the most reasonable deal out of all of them.
0 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:17 am

Reason 4 Cubase 5.. might upgrade with my new p.c. though
0 x

MOXATRON

Re: Reason / well almost.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 pm

I was sold my original mac G4 tower with reason on it. or so I thought, the friend that sold it to me came round and help me set it up with a rolland midi usb keyboard, after it was set up he showed me garage band, which was fine, I asked wheres reason then? he said I would find it in the applications, and then left.
I carried on messing around in Garage band for a bit, went to try it out and low and behold was asking for a license key. So i contacted my mate, he said that's weird? and would try and find the serial and key. I never heard about it from him again.
This is a shame as i was left with garage band for quite a while until i bought Logic 8. which is what I'm still using.
1 x

ruedenz

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Hell yeah. Reason 10. Mostly been a propellerhead since R4. With all pros and all cons. Love to hate it
1 x

Kow

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:36 am

Been using R2.5 back in the days and picked up a mv8000 someday and never went back, tried out a newer version some years ago but was confused by the dr.rex octo so i left it again. still have my Junglewarfare CDs tho :lol:
1 x

mlkii

Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:59 am

Been using Reason since R4. I love the software. However, the VST implementation has me extremely frustrated. R9 implemented VST's, It's like I've entered a whole new world of music. BUT its like a tease. I can't use many of them. Because of this, i am thinking of switching to Studio One. Anyone else in the same boat?
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Anyone have thoughts on Reason 10 Intro? I ended up selling my Maschine as I had some random expense pop up and it's probably too much machine (lol) for me at the moment.

I ended up buying a Nektar Impact LX25+ -- $99 entry point (and I imagine another $50-100 on starter software if the included Bitwig 8-Track is meh) -- The video for beginners while corny did make it seem interesting to use this as a starting point. Looking forward to checking it out when it arrives in the mail next week - Early b-day present to myself haha

Edit:

Now I'm debating between Reason 10 Intro and Cubase 10 Elements lol

Any thoughts on what platform might be better for a beginner?
0 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:53 pm

waxramble wrote:
Anyone have thoughts on Reason 10 Intro? I ended up selling my Maschine as I had some random expense pop up and it's probably too much machine (lol) for me at the moment.

I ended up buying a Nektar Impact LX25+ -- $99 entry point (and I imagine another $50-100 on starter software if the included Bitwig 8-Track is meh) -- The video for beginners while corny did make it seem interesting to use this as a starting point. Looking forward to checking it out when it arrives in the mail next week - Early b-day present to myself haha

Edit:

man.. I wish I could help you.. I don't think I even know half of what Reason offers ..
I use Cubase for mixing, mastering, fx and recording vocals..
didn't even know of this production Elements version untill now.
0 x

mr. nbtbl

Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:42 am

waxramble wrote:

Edit:

I can not say a lot about reason or cubase
From what i saw at some friends i liked maybe reason more at least for beatmaking. Cubase seems to be the better choice if you record live instruments.
But i can tell you that bitwig is awesome. I used the 8 Track Version a lot. You could do a lot nice things to audio tracks like pitching and stretching directly in the lane, without rendering time. You also have some nice synth and samplers. It's truely the most intuitive daw i worked with. Then i had the feel i need more than 8 Tracks and decided to go with FL. Didn't want to spend so much on the full bitwig version. They announced the change to bitwig2 and it seemed that this would double the price... Fl seems to be a good choice it's not so pricey and you get lifetime updates. And a lot of hiphop producers use it. I hate it! Sample manipulation is quite disgusting. I ended up using Reaper. It's real good.... but you have to find some good vst instruments and effects. For that it's not easy to switch between mac and windows.
I think you get some entry versions or demos of the most big DAWs free. So i think the best is try some of them and use bitwig in the meantime.
It's all a matter of peronal preference. A lot of people will recommend ableton for example i had a 8track version and never get warm with it.

Ugh, that was an extended answer... I think i am not done with this decision either ;)

By the way...
Happy Birthday!
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 am

Hey man that was a great answer and I appreciate it!!

I'm happy someone here has experience with Bitwig, may send you some messages in the future :)

After talking with folks here in various messages, gonna give Bitwig and Ableton a shot for now, maybe looking into Reason and Native Instruments later ( It does seem Cubase more useful for live recording)

Peace!
0 x

ruedenz

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:34 am

For all (any?) Reason (10) users out there..I'd love to collab with sharing project files. I got some additional plugins, but those tracks could be bounced to audio.
Hit me up, for the weekly / monthly battle or just exchanging ideas and see what happens.

cheerz
1 x

Return to “Producers”