Ārusuto

Classic rap acapella's

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am

Hi,

Does anyone know a good source for high quality acapella's of classic rap songs? Not really to use in production, I would instead like to mix them over instrumental songs when dj'ing.

I'm not sure where to find those. Would prefer high quality and legal ways. I've found a few websites on Google (e.g. 'acapellas4u'), but they look a bit dodgy and I'm not trying to fry my only dj/production laptop.

Greets
Ā
1 x

HeavyDrama

Re: Classic rap acapella's

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:05 am

1 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Ārusuto wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am
Hi,

Does anyone know a good source for high quality acapella's of classic rap songs? Not really to use in production, I would instead like to mix them over instrumental songs when dj'ing.

I'm not sure where to find those. Would prefer high quality and legal ways. I've found a few websites on Google (e.g. 'acapellas4u'), but they look a bit dodgy and I'm not trying to fry my only dj/production laptop.

Greets
Ā
You'll find very few legal sources, so short of buying the old 12" singles and ripping the acapellas that often came on them for your own use, you will need to locate them via a file sharing means. Acapellas4u is a very well known and long active site for acapellas so don't worry about it being dodgy malware wise as it's not. You can read their T&Cs here for how they get 'around' the legality issue. As for classic rap on it, it has an OK selection, but not that many compared with what I've seen shared over the years on private sources.

I've been lucky on a couple of occasions over the last 10 years where i've found someone willing to share their library so I now about 3.5k classic rap acapellas. All decent mp3s and weighing in at 15Gb! Far too big for me to upload to share i'm afraid, and the locations I got them from are long gone. Shame you can't just come round to my studio with an ext HD and grab them. :)

See how you get on at Acapellas4u, and if there's something you want but can't find drop me a PM and i'll see if I can point you in the the right direction.
1 x

Drago Zetić

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 pm

I've got a decent collection in a Google Drive - some obscure, some in FLAC, some labelled with very precise BPM rates. PM if interested.
1 x

jhn.wav

Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:37 am

I've been using a couple of the acapellas that were included in the Rich Beatz Kits specifically Kit v3. I'm sure other kit-makers include a couple as well although I've only found the Rich Beatz ones so far. Only issue is a lot of the included ones seem to be synthetic acapellas in that the vocals are isolated from the original songs.
0 x

Ārusuto

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 am

Forgot that I made this post, but thanks all for the responses. Will see what I can do with the resources provided already. Might PM a few people afterwards :)

Great forum, this is.
0 x

Return to “Producers”