canoot

digging in the crates

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:40 pm

Hey, Im pretty sure there are some crate diggers here!

Maybe you can show some of your favorite records or whats new in your collections. Doesn't matter if its for sampling, for DJing or just to listen to. Im interested what genres, labels and artists youre digging for.
I personally dig mainly jazz from the 60s and 70s, I like CTI/Kudu alot, Blue Note for sure, lots of fusion jazz, but also funk/soul, soundtracks, latin, hiphop, techno, psychedelic rock and the list goes on. I dig for sampling alot but I also like to just listen to alot of my records.
Sometimes Im getting new rap releases.

I decided to show you these two records from my collection.
First we got the soundtrack "La Vergine di Norimberga" by Riz Ortolani. Its a repress of an Italian jazz soundtrack from '63, its quite dark and I sampled it alot on some of my really old beats. I dont really know much about it but the original is so fuckin expensive, if youre interested, you should definitely get the repress :D

The second one is "Larry Young's Fuel" by Larry Young. This is a really funky jazz record from '75. Classic 70s sound with Larry young on the rhodes, the mini moog, hammond organ and other keys. Fernando Saunders ist playing a really funky bass, Rob Gottfried is on the drums and percussion and Laura "Tequila" Logan on the vocals. Produced by Terry Philips and Larry Young, released on Arista records.
This is one of my favorite jazz-funk albums, its just so funky, I got it 3 or 4 years ago and I listened to it alot :headphone:
And I recently sampled it for a house tune. You will propably hear that at some point.

So... what are you digging?

peace
canoot
2 x

MELDZ
STBB Wins: 1

Re: digging in the crates

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:02 pm

BO HANSSON

This artist came up in this months beat battle and if you aint heard of him go check all his stuff...

2 x

Godall
STBB Wins: 2

Re: digging in the crates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:31 pm

Hella late but if you're looking for samples check out r/vintageobscura on reddit. Lotta amazing samples there I never ever would've heard without it:

My Dad has around a thousand records in his collection from his time working at a radio station in the 70's. I love digging but kinda hate sampling off records so I'm trying to get my samples online mostly :lol:
0 x

Return to “Music”