these MFers FINALLY putting out an album (but alas not technically "supreme team")
Drums: Karriem Riggins. Instruments: Madlib. We would have called it Spiritual Jazz but Phil Ranelin told us to call it Black Classical Music.
STANDARD LP & CD Version: Coming Record Store Day (Black Friday) November 27. Cover by Jeff Jank.
RAPPCATS EDITION: Limited to 500 copies. Silk screened art by Jason Jagel, printed by Monolith Printers in San Francisco on chipboard jacket. (Ships mid-November.)
Listen: Jahari Massamba Unit “Les Jardins Esméraldins”
We are proud to announce the long-awaited debut album from Jahari Masamba Unit, Pardon My French. Among all of the projects Madlib presented as part of his Jazz Universe, this collaboration was of particular note to fans, who continued to wonder for years if anything else might come from the collaboration. This album, put together by students of jazz in its myriad and historic corms, and also proponents of jazz’s future, reflects a lifetime of record collecting, musical study, woodshopping, and a reverential respect for one another’s craft.
1. Je Prendrai Le Romanée-Conti (Putain De Leroy) 2:00
2. Les Jardins Esméraldins (Pour Caillard) 1:14
3. Un Bordeaux Pré-Phylloxéra (Pour Le Riche Enculé) 3:10
4. Deux Fakes Jayers (Aussi Pour Le Riche Enculé) 3:32
5. Riesling Pour Robert 4:39
6. Du Morgon Au Moulin-À-Vent (Pour Duke) 9:08
7. Trou Du Cul (Ode Au Sommelier Arrogant) 2:35
8. Etude Montrachet 4:35
9. Le Feu (Pour Belluard) 0:33
10. Merde (Basse-cour) 5:11
11. Inestimable Le Clos 4:34
12. La Closerie (Pour Prévost) 2:05
13. Hommage À La Vielle Garde (Pour Lafarge Et Rinaldi) 4:48