STBB Wins: 18

Re: "MEDIA"

Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:56 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:51 am

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/it-will- ... a7v2B.html
what the hell?

wikipedia:
Vernon Coleman (born 18 May 1946) is an English conspiracy theorist,[1][2][3] anti-vaccination activist,[4][5] AIDS denialist,[6][7] blogger and novelist who writes on topics related to human health, politics and animal issues.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Coleman

:roll:
0 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:39 am

yeah, and I'm a conspiracy analist ;)
someone who doesn't agree with the mainstream news is quickly called a conspiracy theorist..
there's all sortsa info coming up about how viruses actually work..
then there' s big pharma getting fined billions on a regular basis.
no talk of prevention.. one example: vitamine D paid for by the governement.. only > vaccine and lockdown.
both have sketchy consequences.. too many to go into
politicians lying > always!
our best interests are not at heart.
I think I mighta linked the wrong video but that doesn't matter..
we're gettng royally screwed over..
constitutions changed.. rights lost.. etc.

this conversation below in the link is a good one imo..

.. time will tell..

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2PFQRs ... wl6G99wyca
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:59 am

0 x

Granny David

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:23 pm

Death penalty review ongoing in Jam Master Jay murder despite moratorium

https://abc7ny.com/jam-master-jay-jason ... /10868935/
0 x

per.du

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:06 am

you make quite a few statements in your posting, let me split those up..
JoaGymshoe wrote:
someone who doesn't agree with the mainstream news is quickly called a conspiracy theorist..
yeeeeeah no I don't agree. In this case this "docor" is a person who disagrees with scienctific facts, and to be frank spreads absolutely questionable content.
Don't even get me started on what I think of a person stating he's a doctor while he got his license revoked...
JoaGymshoe wrote:
there's all sortsa info coming up about how viruses actually work..
Is it?
JoaGymshoe wrote:
there' s big pharma getting fined billions on a regular basis.
yes, there are some infuriating business moves done, specially in the US ...
JoaGymshoe wrote:
no talk of prevention.. one example: vitamine D paid for by the governement.. only > vaccine and lockdown.
Afaik there is no prevention for Covid besines Hygene and Social distancing, its a highly infectious virus...
And: Vitamin D is good for you yes, however there is no reliable study to prove that Vitamin D helps at all!
I' not sure what you mean by "sketchy consequences" that the vaccines have according to you?
JoaGymshoe wrote:
politicians lying > always!
Come on, with this statement you make it too easy for yourself.
JoaGymshoe wrote:
our best interests are not at heart.
That can be true of course. I totally agree with beeing careful.

I want to encourage you to not throw everything into one boat and
I want to encourage people in general to really be sceptical.
Not just to listen to somebody that spreads fear, reproduce what they say and call themselves skeptical.
1 x

JoaGymshoe

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:57 am

@per.du
I'm not gonna debate every point.
like I said the link was the wrong one.
I've done ( too ) much research and tried to look at it from all angles.
also the debating tends to divide..
so I'm gonna leave it at this.

in the end it's not about the virus, it's about control.

they' re making life for the people that choose not to get vaccinated, which is a constitutional right, impossible.
plus a huge divide is created.
I'm hoping this thing will fizzle out in time.. but all the things that have been set in place won't disappear.. like the registration app for instance.
I haven't been and likely won't be able to travel to the States for the forseeable future and you know what that means to me.
I already heavily doubted if I should even post covid related stuff here..
but I at least wanted to make my stance known.
our freedom is waning..
the whole world will be under surveillance and scrutiny if some people get their way..
data never dies.. everything about you can be found.

I'm praying I'm wrong.
but I can feel the net tightening as we speak.
and if people are thinking: I'm okay with every aspect of my life being known in order to be 'safe'.. ..maybe they should reconsider?

in any case.. time will tell.

pz.
1 x

JoaGymshoe

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:58 am

"We were keeping our eye on 1984. When the year came and the prophecy didn't, thoughtful Americans sang softly in praise of themselves. The roots of liberal democracy had held. Wherever else the terror had happened, we, at least, had not been visited by Orwellian nightmares.

"But we had forgotten that alongside Orwell's dark vision, there was another - slightly older, slightly less well known, equally chilling: Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Contrary to common belief even among the educated, Huxley and Orwell did not prophesy the same thing. Orwell warns that we will be overcome by an externally imposed oppression. But in Huxley's vision, no Big Brother is required to deprive people of their autonomy, maturity and history. As he saw it, people will come to love their oppression, to adore the technologies that undo their capacities to think.

"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one. Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism. Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance. Orwell feared we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture, preoccupied with some equivalent of the feelies, the orgy porgy, and the centrifugal bumblepuppy. As Huxley remarked in Brave New World Revisited, the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us."

From "Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business" by Neil Postman.
0 x

per.du

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:17 pm

JoaGymshoe wrote:
and you know what that means to me.
yea, I'm very sorry to hear that :(

here life for unvaccinated people is far from impossible. also from an economic point it seems logical to try and get people to get vaccinated. i mean the chance of getting infected is massively reduced as well as the possibility of haveing severe symptoms. but I guess clear numbers are not enough to fight the fears of the anti-vaxers.
JoaGymshoe wrote:
our freedom is waning..
You could of course be right however I do not think this way.
My thought: Why are so many people giving away their biometric (!!) Data, GPS Location and so on on TikTok and then complain and quote orwell if they have to check in for contact tracing? I don't get that. (not talking about you, there are so many people way more radical)

On a side note:

I wish we'd just delete this topic tbh.

Covid is everywhere anyways so lets keep at least the omnipresent discussion outta here..?
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:50 pm

per.du wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:17 pm
I wish we'd just delete this topic tbh.
I figured someone was going to say this. I like to think STBB is a chill place usually, but don't want to only allow 'positive' topics I guess.

My thought, I think the worst thing that happened with all this is it became politicized. If you don't get the vax you're a nazi, if you do you're a cuck, etc etc.

I think a lot of people forgot when the left said they weren't going to get the Trump vax. Now it's the Biden vax, so the right won't get it (What's funny is it still is a Trump era policy) - this is just speaking from US perspective anyway.

Folks like Fauci being caught lying over and over isn't helping anything either. I don't like how doctors like him are now acting like politicians, they should stick to medicine.

I'm vaccinated, but I understand why people were hesitant initially. If you can't even get FDA approval which is a pretty low bar, I can see why folks would wait a bit. Now that it's been out awhile and it's pretty clear at least the Pfizer shot doesn't really have many side effects, I think people should consider getting it.
per.du wrote: You could of course be right however I do not think this way.
My thought: Why are so many people giving away their biometric (!!) Data, GPS Location and so on on TikTok and then complain and quote orwell if they have to check in for contact tracing? I don't get that. (not talking about you, there are so many people way more radical)
This 100% - the people who are calling the shot the mark of the beast make me laugh, everyone's carrying it in their pocket already (if you believe that is a thing :lol:)
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Re: "MEDIA" Rick Rubin Lex friedman

Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:46 am

1 x

Return to “Chat”