5XVT

An STBB Christmas Beat Tape 🎅🏻

Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:30 am

Hi all!

I know its super early but I think starting the conversation early will mean that what I'm thinking of might work out better!

So, every Christmas I try and find some alternative Christmas music for the festive period - usually Jonwanye's Yuletide Bangers and a Lo Budget Christmas...

Then I thought, with the talent on this forum and from Stones Throw back in the day, why can't we produce our own Christmas Beat Tape?

I propose that on 1st November we open a thread with some Christmas music samples and throughout November we flip as few/many from the samples and either keep them private on SoundCloud or wait until 1st December and publish them then. Then an admin can make a playlist of then we can all enjoy some Christmas beats during the festive period.

If there are Christmas samples outside of the 'pack' that's fine too, but I encourage you to share the original sample in the thread so that others can flip it too.

This thread is to gauge interest and to start a discussion about it as I'm sure theres a lot of things you can all add to make this a great 'event' in STBB history.

Cheers!
1 x

Big Family
Location: some of the arrangements of the chops doesn’t make sense melodically

Re: An STBB Christmas Beat Tape 🎅🏻

Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:46 am

Do it
1 x

5XVT

Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:39 am

How does everyone feel about (me) creating an STBB 'Christmas' Soundcloud account for this?

That means the beats are all archived and potentially if it's successful this year, we can run it again next year and keep adding to it.

I don't mind uploading the beats (or sharing the SC login details) as they get submitted through November and put them all 'live' on 1st Dec?

I'd just name the entries with the producer(s) and their track title and link their soundcloud accounts in the description.

eg. Christmas Beat 1 - Prod. 5XVT

If people aren't comfortable doing that, then we can just playlist it like the normal battles, but worth a discussion.
0 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:56 am

either way of posting is fine for me..

why post december 1st is my question.. and why not nearer to xmas?.. or as they come in( until xmas )?.. that may inspire others

personally i don't really get in the season's mood so early yet .. :music:

i also already have a bunch of fun xmas flips.. can they be uploaded too?
0 x

5XVT

Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:45 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:56 am
either way of posting is fine for me..

why post december 1st is my question.. and why not nearer to xmas?.. or as they come in( until xmas )?.. that may inspire others

personally i don't really get in the season's mood so early yet .. :music:

i also already have a bunch of fun xmas flips.. can they be uploaded too?
Anything pre done, I don't see any issue with uploading / adding to playlist...

You're right, maybe it needs to just be live and gets added to as we go, as they come in.
1 x

5XVT

Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:33 am

I think with the feedback, it's better to run this STARTING December 1st and ending at Christmas. I've started to collate the samples ready now though.
1 x

5XVT

Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:51 am

Ok getting closer to the start of 'Project STBB Christmas Tape'....

I'm thinking of running it like this - I'm open to suggestions and feedback though...

I have a lot of Christmas Samples (a variety of new / old / 78's / obscure / non-english etc) ready to go and thought that it would be cool to split them up into 4x weekly drops which I can release on:

Week 1: Mon 27th Nov > Sun 3rd Dec
Week 2: Mon 4th Dec > Sun 10th Dec
Week 3: Mon 11th Dec > Sun 17th Dec
Week 4: Mon 18th Dec > Sun 24th Dec

There will be no cap to maximum entries as this won't be 'judged' / 'voted' as a normal beat battle week as the aim is to create a Christmas playlist of beats from the STBB Forever community. Maybe at the end, people could vote on their favourite overall if they wanted to, but nothing mandatory.

I think I'm personally going to set myself the challenge of doing a beat for each day of December (until Christmas Eve) as a creative experiment.

To be confirmed:

I've spoken to Joa about the best place in the forum to host this, he's going to get back to me.

I don't mind creating the overall playlist from my own soundcloud account if it will save the mods & admins time. (DM me if required)

I created this cover as something we could use for the playlist.

2 x

5XVT

Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:32 am

Samples are live here: viewtopic.php?f=6&p=21363#p21363
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:35 pm

Put the banner up on the front-page, hope this helps! I moved the thread to side-battles for now - I know it's not necessarily a 'battle' but a good spot for any future ideas like this :)

I will add a post to the compilations section once the playlist is complete :thumbup:
0 x

Return to “Chat”