1.SIL.DANTE
2.2nite
3.JoaGymshoe
0 x

per.du
STBB Wins: 18

Re: STBB #755 VOTE

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:56 pm

incredible week, picking even the top 5 was incredibly hard!

1. Dsensei - amazing & very impressive what you did with those samples!!! when that bassline hit... and then the second one. would love a long version of this!
2. Juno - i really enjoyed the fluidity of the grooves and rythms, special thx for that dope intro !
3. Joa & nincreates - absolutely lovely piece, really professional sounding!

good to hear y'all again, hope to participate more often agian in the near future!
big ups to all of you, unfortunately did not have the time to leave all of you the constructive feedback I wanted to give.
s/o grifty for your razor sharp and precise feeds!
peace
1 x

Bick Brannigan

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:43 pm

1. cascassette
2. DSENSEI
3.MZFK

Shout out to JOA and Wig with some more excellence, Good week.

Question: Is STBB Forever strictly hip hop? Or is it less dogmatic. Hip hop seems pretty wide open anyways but can it also be adventures in sound and production. What is the certain "je nais sai quai" a track should possess?
0 x

MOXATRON

Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Yo!
What’s popping peps?

Dope amount of entries this week!
Super smooth work from everyone really tough to choose.
So Many Bangers and dope flips.

Digging this week….

2nite
Alinea
DJ AGENT M
Godall
GoodWilL
grifty
JoaGymshoe
Juno
Kongchain

3.cascassette

2.MzFk

1.WigMaster

it's been a Long day hope to leave comments in the morning.

:salute: :vulcan: :peace:
Peace Mox
Bick Brannigan wrote: Question: Is STBB Forever strictly hip hop? Or is it less dogmatic. Hip hop seems pretty wide open anyways but can it also be adventures in sound and production. What is the certain "je nais sai quai" a track should possess?
Good question. I wouldn't say it's strictly Hip Hop. But I guess that is down to how you interpret it. I feel if it reflects the sample well, makes you feel good, tap your feet, fingers or nod our head then I think it's working. :heart:
1 x

Godall
STBB Wins: 2

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:19 pm

Bick Brannigan wrote:
1. cascassette
2. DSENSEI
3.MZFK

Shout out to JOA and Wig with some more excellence, Good week.

Question: Is STBB Forever strictly hip hop? Or is it less dogmatic. Hip hop seems pretty wide open anyways but can it also be adventures in sound and production. What is the certain "je nais sai quai" a track should possess?
I think it depends. The origins are definitely steeped in hip hop considering Stonesthrow's history, but even they had artists like samiam who were a bit more unorthodox. I've seen a bunch of artists on here who made everything from drum n bass to crazy experimental trap music. I consider myself more of an electronic music maker, but even then I still have a lot of old-school hip hop influences like Mos Def and Dilla. I encourage people to experiment with new stuff whenever they can, as music really shouldn't be limited to single genres. Hell, a lot of the mixing techniques I use I incorporated from ambient music.
1 x

The Wig Master

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:56 pm

1 dsensei
2 kongchain
3 Juno
0 x

Godall
STBB Wins: 2

Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:37 pm

1. JoaGymShoe- spectacular man, really love the work you did with Nin your styles really compliment each other
2. Juno
3. RUCOUS
0 x

Granny David

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:01 am

STBB #755 RESULT

1st Joa x Nindyo collab 27pts
2nd Sil' Dante 26pts
3rd Dsensei
22pts

Winning Track

If you have any ideas/samples for future beat battles you want to share for possible use, please post them in STBB Battle Back-Up / Stockpile / Ideas thread https://stbbforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=198
3 x

sashimix

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:23 am

congratulations !
very nice week
1 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:06 am

glad u dug our effort so much!..
we're really happy how the track came together like it did.
stbb is just such a huge drive for me to keep going, have fun and make stuff for you to appreciate..
major props to all who entered this week!
I listened to the playlist again this morning and was like..damn.. this track coulda been top 3 too.. and this one.. and this one..etc.. crazy good music!

Bick Brannigan wrote:
on your question Bick.. there's no rule as what kind of music to make.. we've had genre and style themed weeks of course.. like rock, the other week.
but there's been quite a range of different tracks entered over the years.. some by you ;)
techno, dub(step), reggae, metal, drum and bass, house, ambient, soundscapes, trap, noise lol.. and styles I couldn't even try to categorize :p
hip hop is of course for a big part a sample based genre.. and it's called a beat battle.. so the beat part weighs in for a good amount.
we're probably not gonna have a certain style rule this week.. gonna have a little talk with Nindyo soon.

feel free to do whatever makes you happy here!.

pz Joa
2 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:51 pm

Congrats on the win! Saw the vid Nindyo posted over on IG, was really cool :)
1 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”