JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Re: STBB #740 VOTE

Fri May 14, 2021 11:59 pm

D.B.Bux wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:52 pm
Firstly, Much love to Razohr for a groovy sample choice and a great testimonial which I found touching and relatable.

We all have something inside which drives us to try to make great music. That drive often comes from an inner turmoil which can either inspire us to step up our game or else drive us to despair when life's disappointments push us down. I think anyone who's been in the game more than a couple of years knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the reminder that, in our darkest moments, creating and appreciating music helps us keep hope alive.

With that out of the way... Here's my Choices

It was a strong week for entries- finding it hard to single out anyone for shout outs without leaving out someone.
two standouts in the left field category are HOME OF THE DOPE BEATS (I love those crazy drums) and Rick Brannigan Jr. (Just nasty all the way through)

I thought Fla, checkthevibe and Naturelle.boombap all had really strong entries so I gotta give props but I'm gonna go with my gut for my favourites so here they are:

3. GoodwilL ---I like the combination of musicality and soul/grit here best- with a more coherent structure/mix I would have voted it even higher

2. Wigmaster ----A monster groove- would win on that alone but it thunders full blast right from the start and doesn't save any big surprises or leave any room to breathe which takes it down a notch for me

1. JoaGymshoe ---- I think the combination of skills and swagger here take the cake. It oozes confidence in its individuality and has just enough surprises to keep it fresh till the end.

lovely overall post man..

made me feel like a winner, thanks! :)
2 x

Granny David

Sat May 15, 2021 12:01 am

STBB #740 RESULT

1st naturelle.boombap 31pts
2nd Swoop! 22pts
3rd fla. 11pts

Winning Beat:

If you have any ideas/samples for future beat battles you want to share for possible use, please post them in STBB Battle Back-Up / Stockpile / Ideas thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=198
3 x

waxramble
GC90

Sat May 15, 2021 12:34 am

Congrats to naturele!!
1 x

checkthevibe
STBB Wins: 4

Sat May 15, 2021 1:28 am

Congrats NAT ! Give us some samples to play with :fire: :weed:
1 x

naturelleboombap

Sat May 15, 2021 3:56 am

thanks a lot good people.
as i am on the road right now, the samples will be up in a few hours.
1 x

Razohr
STBB Wins: 1

Sun May 16, 2021 12:47 pm

D.B.Bux wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:52 pm
Firstly, Much love to Razohr for a groovy sample choice and a great testimonial which I found touching and relatable.

We all have something inside which drives us to try to make great music. That drive often comes from an inner turmoil which can either inspire us to step up our game or else drive us to despair when life's disappointments push us down. I think anyone who's been in the game more than a couple of years knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the reminder that, in our darkest moments, creating and appreciating music helps us keep hope alive.
Much love back man! :)
0 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”