Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Congrats Kenja !!!
1 x

ruedenz

Re: STBB #733 - MAKE IT GRIMY

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:00 am

fckng time change surprises me everytime
phew just in time...
Now I can edit my message and write a little.
Totally love grimey music, most hip hop I listen to right now is just that area...Griselda camp, I'd say some of the Freddie & Alc joint is definitely in it too (Track: Frank Lucas). El Camino, DJ Muggs is on a roll too with his collabo albums. Definitely check out his work with Rome Streetz. And so on and so forth...
I was so hyped I started making one beat and pretty much had that finished. But... it wasn't grimey enough for me (what exactly is grimey anyways. For me it's mostly a slower bpm like 70-80, drum break drums, kinda repetitive, with a few tom breaks here and there. pretty repetitive sampling (looping) too, maybe some synth elements, fx and vocal skits, dark vibe, then some raps that fit the mood. It can mean something totally different for you and that is cool). I did another one. Wasn't grimey enough. Did another one. Wasn't...you get it. So I ended up making 4 beats, 3 of them more like sketches. Put them all together now but I miss the extra hour I had literally no minute to even blend them together nicely. Then I overshot the 3 minute time limit too....well to make a long story short this is the result.
Thanks for the fun challenge

3 x

∆EN.KEEɸ

Re: STBB #733 - MAKE IT GRIMY

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:38 am

My Late non-entry. Didn't get a chance to finish. Still a mess but will finish this week

1 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”