JoaGymshoe

Re: STBB #614 perc.alicious

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:55 am

FatVonFree wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:24 am
seems like bass guitar pitched up. the rules say to use only bass. why would i play electric guitar in it. if you want me to just put non entry lemme know. be easier. was gonna play kalimba on it lol glad i didnt.
JoaGymshoe wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:21 am

rules:
make a beat using Bass. Drums. and Percussion*

use the sample* and any type of percussion you can find

aight bro..
yeah, kalimba..I wrote any typa perc. .. didn't want to hinder all the creatives thoughts and fun of working with/around the rules..
but as purple pen asked.....
so yeah Bass.Drums.Perc. when a Bassline is pitched up it's not Bass anymore.

pz bro
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:13 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
of course you can tune, fx, distort, stretch any sound into anything nowadays so if you're going ridiculously unrecognizable pleas write what you did along with your entry post.
Hmm I mean he did follow all the rules I think?, showing the process in vid and no rule that said pitched up = not bass. Technically played on the bass - I wouldn't say ridiculously unrecognizable but it is certainly a grey area :lol:

While the intent of video was to be 'evidence' lol I actually think it would be cool if more folks showed some video of their work / performance, it's super interesting to me!
1 x

JoaGymshoe

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:20 am

waxramble wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:13 am
JoaGymshoe wrote:
of course you can tune, fx, distort, stretch any sound into anything nowadays so if you're going ridiculously unrecognizable pleas write what you did along with your entry post.
Hmm I mean he did follow all the rules I think?, showing the process in vid and no rule that said pitched up = not bass. Technically played on the bass - I wouldn't say ridiculously unrecognizable but it is certainly a grey area :lol:

While the intent of video was to be 'evidence' lol I actually think it would be cool if more folks showed some video of their work / performance, it's super interesting to me!
of course,I mean looking for creative solutions is the game!
I feel I made the premises of the track clear in this: Bass. Drums. Perc...
the rest fall under that umbrella..
but hey, when will I ever come up with a ruleset wheré ther'es no debate on haha.. oh, boy
2 x

JoaGymshoe

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:23 am

aight.. typing up the Beatmakology x STBB behind the beats winner interview with Granny David..
will be up soon ya'll !
1 x

FatVonFree

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:46 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:33 am
the beat may only consist of bass.. which can be a synth, a bass guitar. stand up or bass sample
drums
and percussion
you can make a more melodic beat by bass melody
pitching perc.
acas.

hope this clarifies?

"you can make a more melodic beat by bass melody" lol okay

yeah it was clear. a bass is a bass...just like you tried saying something was a synth in the past when it wasnt. anytime you dont have a clue whats going on you question it(which is perfect and fine) but you gotta stop assuming folks aint following the rules. you have done this a lot in the past. which is why when i enter from here on out i will post a video up. now purple pen asked a question and you answered. but then i post my track up and you try and say you listed the rule. naw cuzzo. ya didnt. you clarified to him but you say anything else. you called somebody out before for trying to add or change the rules a day after they go up. you also have in the past tried to go around the rules just because you felt the need to. "*use however minute or large part of this" you gonna tell us that we should have used at least 1:20 seconds of the sample? you didnt clarify that either. im here to post music up and chill cuzzo. you continually have issues with somebody on here. im chilling you want me to change it so you feel better lemme know. but yeah. you a day late changing the rules homie. i pitched my voice down in the track too is that no longer my voice?? i also pitched the hell outta the percussion, all 5 loops i made. is it still considered percussion. lemme know if ya want me to change it. its 840pm here in japan. cheers homie. im done with the matter so just lemme know. it takes 2 seconds to edit the title. way easier to just do non entries and still follow the rules. plays bass guitar in a video...gets told its not bass guitar. :-(
1 x

JoaGymshoe

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:17 am

FatVonFree wrote:
JoaGymshoe wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:33 am
the beat may only consist of bass.. which can be a synth, a bass guitar. stand up or bass sample
drums
and percussion
you can make a more melodic beat by bass melody
pitching perc.
acas.

hope this clarifies?

"you can make a more melodic beat by bass melody" lol okay

yeah it was clear. a bass is a bass...just like you tried saying something was a synth in the past when it wasnt. anytime you dont have a clue whats going on you question it(which is perfect and fine) but you gotta stop assuming folks aint following the rules. you have done this a lot in the past. which is why when i enter from here on out i will post a video up. now purple pen asked a question and you answered. but then i post my track up and you try and say you listed the rule. naw cuzzo. ya didnt. you clarified to him but you say anything else. you called somebody out before for trying to add or change the rules a day after they go up. you also have in the past tried to go around the rules just because you felt the need to. "*use however minute or large part of this" you gonna tell us that we should have used at least 1:20 seconds of the sample? you didnt clarify that either. im here to post music up and chill cuzzo. you continually have issues with somebody on here. im chilling you want me to change it so you feel better lemme know. but yeah. you a day late changing the rules homie. i pitched my voice down in the track too is that no longer my voice?? i also pitched the hell outta the percussion, all 5 loops i made. is it still considered percussion. lemme know if ya want me to change it. its 840pm here in japan. cheers homie. im done with the matter so just lemme know. it takes 2 seconds to edit the title. way easier to just do non entries and still follow the rules. plays bass guitar in a video...gets told its not bass guitar. :-(
bro, for real?
you are the only one here who responds so touchy ever..
yeah, when it's not clear I ask a questions..
okay, you wanna go into that?
when you didn't care to answer my friendly question last time..
'coz I saw you were online for that.'
I went into talking about the rules what is a synth > micro looping in general, saying I assumed you did'nt follow them.. my bad.

rule clarification in the topic is permitted.. that's what I did with pen.. any typa perc is any typa perc..so Kalimba whatev.
nothing changed.
Bass = Low freq. Drums. Perc.
'Bass melody' is just a Bass melody right?
simple.
the rest you wrote is just not relevant at all..

just tryna make for a clear vote
not make your life harder.
you just always take stuff so personal man..

0 x

FatVonFree

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:35 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
bro, for real?
you are the only one here who responds so touchy ever..
yeah, when it's not clear I ask a questions..
okay, you wanna go into that?
when you didn't care to answer my friendly question last time..
'coz I saw you were online for that.'
I went into talking about the rules what is a synth > micro looping in general, saying I assumed you did'nt follow them.. my bad.

rule clarification in the topic is permitted.. that's what I did with pen.. any typa perc is any typa perc..so Kalimba whatev.
nothing changed.
Bass = Low freq. Drums. Perc.
'Bass melody' is just a Bass melody right?
simple.
the rest you wrote is just not relevant at all..

just tryna make for a clear vote
not make your life harder.
you just always take stuff so personal man..

touchy or personal naw cuzzo...just pointing out the facts man. you will see. be a few weeks and somebody else will have an issue with ya. or you will be justifying going around a rule. cheers man. im done go ahead and get the last word. im here for the beats.
0 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:52 am

Come on guys :)
3 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
FatVonFree wrote:
It's a shame to see some negative vibes in this thread. First time i've ever seen confrontation on the old or new STBB forum as it's always such a congenial place full of like minded and often supportive individuals.

There has evidently been issue with the interpretation of the rules, and like you Von, I also wondered at first if pitched up instruments like synth bass and guitars were allowed, and I totally appreciate that you made your track in good faith thinking they were. When Joa then clarified the rules to you since he heard what you had done, he didn't know that you hadn't understood that it was against the rules, so it was really just a case of a little misunderstanding and confusion, and really no need for anyone to start getting snippy. :D

I can also appreciate you may feel Joa has a history of pulling you up about the rules, but he's just doing his job as we obviously need to make sure we all do stick to them so it's a fair battle. Importantly though, please note that he's not trying to cause issues or annoy you. He's just clarifying the rules as they were intended, regardless of how long after the OP that is. (Clarifying the rules and changing the rules are different of course. The latter shouldn't be done once the OP has been made)

I'm sure we are all mature and chilled enough to manage such issues respectively without anyone falling out with each other. :)

Going forward to best try and mitigate such misunderstandings happening again, we all just need to think carefully about making sure the rules are very clear and there is nothing open to potential misunderstanding, as it can of course be easy done such as in this comps case.

Now let's all put any bad vibes behind us and all keep making great music.

PS Von, is that your Moog Grandmother on bass duties? Whatever it is it's phat. 8-)
3 x

GoodFeLLaNeLLa

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 am

congratz guys,heres my entry
0 x

ElvisJC

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:24 am

1 x

DJ Cut-EFX

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:05 am

Yo here's my entry for this weeks round.

0 x

SlyBlackford

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Congrats Fredson and Joa!

bassline chops: P Thomas - Evening Air / percussion: Ode to Buckwheat and many other percussion / Bananaman vocal
0 x

C1GwiththeART

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:20 am

the high synth is basspluck mangled and some effects on it all from my trusty microkorg
if anyone wanna do something with it download available - would like to hear what you do with it (either add some more instruments or Vocals)
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 am

FatVonFree wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:35 am
touchy or personal naw cuzzo...just pointing out the facts man. you will see. be a few weeks and somebody else will have an issue with ya. or you will be justifying going around a rule. cheers man. im done go ahead and get the last word. im here for the beats.
yow FatVon..
I want to apologise to you man.
firstly for creating a confusing rule set., and that's to the rest of you too.
secondly but more importantly, for going into overdrive on the matter.
I felt accused of changing the rules ( on you ) a day after posting.
while it probably looked like that from your side.
the rules seemed so logical in my head but I see now that they're not.
and it might noth have been smart to leave "intentional loopholes"..
and then say no to others.
now I'm a mod on here but I forget that sometimes
but really it doesn't have to do with that.
sometimes I lose perspective and react from a place that's not love..
haha, is this starting to sound like a politician who's cheated apology tour or what?
I'm serious though.
I messed up..
so FatVon, I'm sorry for putting you in this position and reacting the way I did,

pz Joa

*anyone that feels like they stuck to the rules can submit as legit-entry
6 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”