Renzo Garcia

Re: STBB #696 FUNKY-DISCO-TRAP

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:56 pm

Yo Congrats to B-Dog and Bor - that father son story and Sirface voting for them gave me the feels and shit. It's moments like that which make me feel blessed to be part of this community.

Thanks so much for sharing your dope ass collection! Was tricky with all the choice as so many!

made a skit of someone scanning a radio and stumbling through stations UK radio FM/AM MW/LW (mind your ears) sampled with this dusty old Akai hifi - Also run signals through for graphic EQ) also for product placement I used old Japanese adverts weaved in between my 3 lil sketches.

I only used outside drums - 808, 909 and some other layered hits.. Oh & a dub horn for good measure. I really did give disco trap a go.. was tricky. I kinda touched on it on my first flip (disco boogie man2.5). Lord Quas acca - shadows of tomorrow trappy for my second flip (Federale langetrap). Made loads interesting bass for all my flips from the samples provided. (Basslopzie, some others I can't remember, I worked kinda messy on this one) Kinda bass heavy this week.. oh yea (Yma Varia)

Anyways I'm a bit delirious from staying up all night making this beat :P

I had fun with this. Looking forward to hearing everyones worx.

Safes :dance:
0 x

BLeS24

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:52 pm

Congrats guys. Not sure how or if my entry checks the funky disco trap boxes..

samples:
surf git zeercool
spanish git loop
invitation beat sneller
Henry Mancini xyloflow
disco bass beat groove
pulse idea instrumental

outside percussion and a Levi commercial I found perusing old commercials on the youtubes
0 x

LarryByrd

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:30 pm

B-dog : sorry for the late reply. All is good brother, no worries. I am with you, the changing rules are great..
0 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”