DJAGENTM

Re: STBB #625 VOTE

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:21 am

1) Lonius
2) t∆ntrå
3) B-Jam vs Enos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding soundcloud plays there are a lot of factors to consider. I agree we (including myself) should try to listen to all tracks. There are a few factors to consider with the play count on soundcloud.

1) Being first in the playlist. If you've checked the numbers for any type of playlist its usually the 1st track that gets the most plays. Its not an exact science but you catch my drift.
2) The popularity of the artist. Some of peeps that submit track have their own fanbase whilst some our starting out. Some of us have released tracks or have been blogged etc. So its natural for them to maybe share their new tracks and get more spins.
3) Traffic through blogs and websites. If you know of a good Reddit group or a blog that will get me more real plays, let me know. I have know some producers get 10,000 plays in an hour of dropping a track on soundcloud. Again if you gain that kind of reputation thats a factor.
0 x

lil p

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:55 am

1 - Joa Gym :weed:
2 - Stoffa :fire:
3 - Langebach :dance:
0 x

The Wig Master

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:23 pm

bush beats
b-jam vs enos
stoffa da chef
1. tantra
3. vuzel
swgwm
David langenbacher
2. fat von
brotha b
0 x

CHOPFYT

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 pm

1.B-Jam x Joa - wow this is some heavy material ticking a lot of boxes...beat knocks rhymes flow across like honey dope!!!!
2. swGwM - love the drums throughout I wasnt into the final section so much but the rest was cool!
3. Oag Woat smooth beat real smooth

David Langenbacher- soundin like some new age g funk, Agent M the floaty samples sound great over those drums.
1 x

CHOPFYT

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:52 pm

I think the SC playlist and the the way beats are added is fair, if youre in early you get the added reward of extra listens and if you have an existing fanbase/following you have earned those extra plays through your previous or concurrent output.

To be honest when it comes to listening I dont allow a big window to capture my attention if you havent got me in the first few bars Im gonna skip ahead and if Im still not into I skip to the next track. Having said that once Ive made my beat I do listen to the ones that have been made before the vote and if Im not entering I listen to what people upload as it appears in the thread.
0 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:36 pm

plays are nice..
likes too..
best is constructive critiscism and upbuilding feedback..
personally I welcome it..
always rather hear what can be improved on s'thing..
it's hard to say it though.
confirmation on what is good it is cool too.. somewhat easier..
all good..

Lonius
Fatvon
3..Stoffa
1. tantra
Nan and p
2.Brotha B
David L

haven't decided on the order yet :p

0 x

BushBeats

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:13 pm

1 stoffa
2 bjam / joa
3 brotha b

4 vuzel

in no order:
lonius
detritus
bigfamily
garyforter
wigmaster
swgwm
david langenbacher
FVF
0 x

B-Jam vs Enos

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:17 pm

While being nearer the top of the playlist undoubtedly equates to more plays than being lower down, I don't think there's anything unfair going on as I doubt anyone actually voting is giving up say half way through and just voting on the tracks they have heard. I know for example i'm always hungry to hear everyone's beat and would feel like i'm missing out if I didn't check them all! :D I've never seen the number of plays for a track lower than the number of voters by deadline time either, so I think at least the vast majority of us are listening to every beat.

With regards to spikes in some people's plays, that's typically down to them having larger networks of potential listeners, combined with however SC algo's work in terms of playing them to random listeners.

I don't feel the number of listeners really means anything in terms of the competition though. I'd say it's an even playing field for all. :thumbup:
0 x

Psychedelic Schizophrenic
Location: The Shit Hole - Trashford (Somewhere In The United Kingdom)
STBB Wins: 2

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Really dope round with too many dope entries to do a top 3 but after going back and forth I went for:

3rd: Lil P X Granny david
2nd: FatVonFree
1st: B-Jam vs Enos x JoaGymshoe

Look forward to the next one 8-)

Regarding what Betty said it also comes down to how active your soundcloud followers are too those with larger followers who are active on here are going to have more plays, likes, comments etc then people with a small circle of followers. Think I got a 100+ people following me and I would say only about 40 percent of them are active regularly (mainly the hardcore beat battle crew, you know who you are :mrgreen: ) This also maybe a factor in why we are seeing spikes too but I'm not suspecting any foul play here just a lot of different variables that can cause this.
0 x

FatVonFree

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:54 pm

1. David Langenbacher
2. Tantra
3. Lonius
0 x

Brotha B

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:50 pm

1. Lonius~ Bringing the vibs that made me love hip hop :weed:
2.ⓢⓦⒼⓦⓂ~Cant deny the amount of work and creativity hear props :headphone:
3.B-Jam X JOA~ Beat is fire B-Jam your always pushing the envelope and with the classic flow of JoaGymshoe, you just cant go wrong :fire:

Tantra- Would have been nice to have more, mix was clean and on point :acid:
Vazel- Came with a refreshing style,dope :dance:

Props to everyone who participated. :idea: Just a few suggestions for the stbb peeps. Would love to see a one sample choice like back in the old Stbb day's.It would make it a bit more challenging but help us be more creative with are approach. Btw it was J-dilla b-day last month. We've had a couple battles in the past that focused on dilla style beats to honor the legendary producer. Would be nice to see something like that in the future imho. :idea:
0 x

Brotha B

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:51 pm

I find it easy to listen to tracks with less bias when blazed up in the car cruzin. Something feels different when in the car going to work listening to the Stbb selections of the week than sitting in front of the computer.I dont get as figgity. As far as listens go I agree with most of the responses here. The group has only got smaller over the years and with that favoritism has gone down with it. Listening to 90 plus beat can get to be a bit much but with a smaller group its easier to judge. I've been participating in this battle since stbb 218 off and on and can say I never made a beat good enough to win.There was always someone with more talent that would bring the heat. In the early day's I would leave the battle for months bitter about favoritism and not getting attention. Now I just dont care as much and try to focus on the craft for the luv of music, mixing and master seems to be more of a focus"Cuz I suk @ it". I posted a beat on my page a month ago and got like 12 hits"thanks granny for the comment on that beat".I have 550 some follower 95% of are retired stbb battlers who are no longer active.I'm just great full to be able to still participate, and that we found a new home for the legacy that is this community. The more your active and post beats weekly, give feed back and build friendships the universe will respond.I find like minded beat makers on the soundcloud and become fans. Alright I'm blabbing to much.
5 x

samwise ganja

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:53 pm

Life’s been hectic and I’ve been away from stbb for a long time but it feels great to be back and I hope I’ll be around here more regularly from now on

1. B-Jam vs Enos x JoaGymshoe

2. tantra

3. Lonius

Vuzel
FatVonFree
David Langenbacher
DJ AGENT M
0 x

BettyChopper

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:56 pm

I'd like to start by saying that I appreciate everyone's feedback on the issue I was seeing. I especially want to commend Perdu - for the record, I greatly appreciate your constructive criticism- intense or not. Lol ;) . I am new still and I can see that there are still things I need to learn about the process so I thank those that gave me a sincere opinion and honest feedback. As I said in my comment, i hate rocking the boat and i thank you all for taking me seriously even though you didn't agree or i am seeing things inaccurately. Really made me feel better about speaking up so much love to all. That said, here's my vote:

1. Lonious - Outstanding.
2. Stoffa da Chef (Hard Hitting Track. DOPE)
3. David L. - Excellent!

S/O in no particular order
Detritus - Love those changes. Great track
DJ Agent M - Beautiful song. Love it.
Nocomply - Risk taker, unique, creative, percussion off the chain (like 4 real. Whoa).
Any of these could have made vote. This was a really rough week for voting. Almost didnt but too much good stuff not to.. Excellent job by all!
That said, I gotta give some shutouts (really hope I'm not leaving anyone out bc this week was fantastic.... could have listed everyone.)

Perdu (those synths!)
Gary Forter - Great flip and loved the story and fact that you used a story.. very creative and it worked! Love a risk taker! Salute
Oaf - Solid! Really nice dude
Konsortium - excellent track. Fantastic job
B Jam - Dope use of samples. Vocals on point. Excellent job guys
Bushbeats - Love this track. Excellent remix
Chopfyt
BLeS24 -
SWGWM
Vuzul
Moxatron
Brotha B
2 x

garyforter

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:15 pm

3.LooPiN4DaPPuL
2. Stoffa Da Chef
1. Fat Von Free

Really enjoyed these too:

ⓢⓦⒼⓦⓂ
David Langenbacher
B-Jam vs Enos
Vuzel
DJ Agent M
t∆ntrå
Oag Woat
Moxatron
Wigmaster

Enjoyed everything really. Wide range of unique takes. Way to show out everybody. :music: :music: :music:
0 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”