HB

STBB #896 - 1 minute battle week

Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 am

STBB #896
1 minute battle week
Make the beat one minute long!
You may not have time to take your time and make an intro!
Let's make beat a minute, a very short time!

I've been here for years and I've finally won!
If I win, I can post it here, right?
Anyway, time saved me this time.
I'm lucky, and I have Hip Hop to thank for that.
Thanks GOD and everyone!

SAMPLE
https://we.tl/t-aFXgxhwRJS

Use one or both of the samples

RULES

- Outside drums and bass allowed

- Outside keys/synths/instruments are allowed

- Outside samples not allowed(drums and bass sample allowed. their loop samples too)

- Outside vocal cuts/skits/scratches/fx allowed/allowed

- Acapellas not allowed

The Fine Print:
  • Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 894“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by:
    Thursday, 06:00 PST / Thursday 15:00 CET
  • Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.
    For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
    Label entries that are posted after the deadline as 'late entry' and entries that don't comply with the rules as: 'non-entry' in your track title.
EVERYONE VOTES ~ Voting is open for 24 hours between:
  • Thursday, 06:00 PST until Friday, 06:00 PST / Thursday, 15:00 CET until Friday, 15:00 CET
WINNER ~ Post new sample, rules, etc by:
1 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Re: STBB #896 - 1 minutes battle week

Fri May 03, 2024 8:27 am

yooww.. Congrats H.B. ! .. glad u won one !

so you asked me to edit your topic start if it was unclear.. ( done )

so just post 1 beat of 1 minute length.. no intro or outro right?

off to work.. pz !
1 x

HB

Re: STBB #896 - 1 minute battle week

Fri May 03, 2024 8:52 am

Thanks for edit JOA!
A minute long beat, yes length.
I'd say there could be an intro, an outro, but it's mainly drums, so there wouldn't be much room to put in.
Anyway, it's about how much attention-grabbing music we can make in a short space of time.
1 x

5XVT

Fri May 03, 2024 10:39 am

Quickest, rawest flip to date!

1 x

SonicSkater

Fri May 03, 2024 12:20 pm

Congrats on the win HB you earned it! What a beat. Heard that beat then 2 beautiful Kendrick disses back to back the last couple days I can feel that hip-hop soul beating!! Much love from Sacramento, CA <3
1 x

SonicSkater

Fri May 03, 2024 8:01 pm

Hey y'all, probably the wrong place in the forum to do this if anyone knows where to post I'll copy or this (or you can if you want). Just went through some very difficult, personal shit. Stuff that has made me want to write. I've been writing lyrics to get things off my chest as a way to heal from what happened, and if I do end up making a song or album or whatever (which I may or may not I'm a bit of a mess at the moment) it will be one that is solemn, full of real true emotion, even talking about it now I'm still very messed up about it. Anyways, there are some talented mfers over the years I made friends with or sent a message or two back and forth, and y'all have many skills I don't. I'm a writer, sonic explorer (or skater, if you will), music theory repository, multi-instumentalist, pretty wicked on guitar, and I would say decent (but not exceptional) beat maker. Some of you guys last week floored me with your shit. And the feelings of borderline anger in those tracks is something that speaks to me deeply.

Anyways, all that to say basically soon I'm gonna start looking for collaborators on a personal project that may or may not ever see the light of day as a form of therapy for me basically. And I was wondering if any of y'all would be interested in joining me on that journey. That goes to anyone, but especially fellow old-heads (especially the oldest-head I can think of, Joa <3), and anyone who posted a beat last week + a lot more I can think of. I can understand not wanting to work for free so if y'all want money we can discuss for sure, I'm broke now (in more ways than one) but I will be graduating soon for Computer Science which will definitely give me the means to pay people for their work. So maybe some of y'all wouldn't want to join in until it's a paid thing, musical skills should be valued and everyone here should value their time and put a price on what they can bring to the table. Idk about anything financial so I'd probably have to sit down with some of y'all motherfuckers who have been lucky enough to worry about things like "points" when it comes to publishing. But I'm not really thinking about money. That's not what it's about for me, it's about coming to terms with things and putting my feelings to words.

Sorry for the rant, if you read all that you're a real one I'd love to just talk with any of you cool men, women, beat makers, and rappers alike! This is my 2nd, scattered across the globe family. I came here when I was 16 and my life has never been the same. For real. Much love to you all, peace <3
5 x

5XVT

Sat May 04, 2024 12:26 am

SonicSkater wrote:
I hope whatever you're going through right now is just temporary and that with time, friends, family and community, things will start to look brighter. I think a lot of people turn to music also which is what you quite rightly pointed out in your post.

I love creating beats just for the process and STBB has always been a good outlet for me to be creative and lock into on Saturdays. I think 'available'' time is the thing that is usually the thing that constrains most of us from just making beats on the daily and depending on time frames for your personal project, may come into play.

Inbox on here and SC is open if you want to message about your project or anything.
4 x

JoaGymshoe

Sat May 04, 2024 2:49 am

SonicSkater wrote:
with some of y'all motherf*ckers
for the record... yes, genuine mother hugger here..been known to bag me some.. plus i have son, so..there's that.

i've always thought of your beats as very unique and well sounding in the mix.. no frills..

you word explosion did immediately make me wonder if you we're okay..

i'm happy and humbled to hear you've found a safe place here.. where you can express yourself..

about the music and money.. always happy to help.. collab as you already know.. it works better for the love .. for me any way..

actually i'm really torn at the moment coz i'm not sure if my services to the universe<>world, so to speak..are conflicting with musical financial opportunities

but that's another story..

onward and upward brother..<3
2 x

SonicSkater

Sat May 04, 2024 1:17 pm

Thanks y'all, appreciate you guys for the kind words. Feeling a bit better today, still have a lot of emotions and stuff to work through but I'll keep popping my head up every few months and cook up a battle or 2. Honestly not sure about music or the stuff I was talking about yet, I was a bit (a bit?) manic yesterday. But feeling better today. Ive got friends and family around so I'll be aight. Love you all, I'll be up in the forums again soon whether it's next week or in a month or too <3
3 x

MOXATRON

Sat May 04, 2024 1:29 pm

Yo.

This community is such an amazing place for like minded people
making music is powerful stuff.
Emotional outlet.
Expression.
don't really know what i'm trying to say...

Keep you head and spirits up Sonic skater... :salute:

Saturday afternoon cook up.
Pitched the sample down -6
low end from the chops.
Added some drums.
88 bpm.

:salute: :vulcan: :peace:
Peace Mox.
1 x

JoaGymshoe

Sat May 04, 2024 3:29 pm

i just noticed that my beat 6 seconds over, due to the bpm and wanting to finish the bar + reverb/delay

seeing as 5XVT's is 6 seconds short of a minute i'm assuming it's cool if i use his.. ( grinning face ith sweat emoji )
1 x

MA-Beats

Sat May 04, 2024 7:10 pm

Congrats HB!

Here's mine for this weeks battle..

1 x

5XVT

Sun May 05, 2024 7:39 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 3:29 pm

i just noticed that my beat 6 seconds over, due to the bpm and wanting to finish the bar + reverb/delay

seeing as 5XVT's is 6 seconds short of a minute i'm assuming it's cool if i use his.. ( grinning face ith sweat emoji )
I donate 6 seconds to Joa
1 x

Oskarr

Sun May 05, 2024 11:15 am

Dope samples. Made a beat for both but you'll only hear this one.
1 x

3SA

Sun May 05, 2024 11:52 am

edit
1 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”