DEAD408

STBB 868

Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:08 pm

STBB 868: Outside everything

The Rules:

any submitted entry that uses no outside sample gets a 1.2 points multiplier

collabs are always encouraged and so are multiple entries.. you just have to choose one that's your legit entry

Have a good time and have fun!

Samples: https://we.tl/t-flD3cuOvEK

The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 868“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Thursday 06:00 in the morning, Pacific time/15:00 CET
Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.
For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
Label entries that are posted after the deadline as 'late entry' and entries that don't comply with the rules as: 'non-entry' in your track title.
EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday noon Pacific / 21:00 CET
Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Friday midnight Pacific/ Sat. 09:00 CET and upload the sample here: https://wetransfer.com/
3 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Re: STBB 868

Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:59 pm

congrats Dead 'n Joose ! ..that track is special..

samples are dope btw! .. will be sundy or monday before i can start on'em but looking forward to it..

pzzz..
2 x

MOXATRON

Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:02 pm

Yo !

Dope samples this week :thumbup:
Real quick wet Saturday afternoon cook up. (roughly 2 hours from start to finish.)

Used the Boki Milosevic - Evropa
Took two parts which I chopped up.
Pitched the sample down -1
Used the low end from the chops. Amped and EQ. for the Bass.
Just Drums added a Kick a Hi hat And two snares. 88 Bpm

:salute: :vulcan: :peace:
Peace Mox
2 x

JoaGymshoe

Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:25 am

yoww fellas.. .. no femallas at this momentas.. i think?.. anyone know how to bring some of those in?.. i know literally one.. Nindyo..

anyway.. i wanted to have a talk with you guys.. like a a little evaluation of how things are going here in your opinions etc. after the last two weeks

who loved it ..who's happy we're back to relative a calm?

if it were like last week every week to me the fun would almost go out of collabing.. even though i do it almost weekly..

i think the last two weeks did serve a a purpose in making beat makers aware the possibility is there.. and we found some ways to go about it.

as a team with combined talents and skill it is more likely to win ( i think ).. that's why i wasn't such a fan of the reward system..

but i shoulda just let it play out perhaps.. to each winner his/her week.. as long a it doesn't get too crazy, lol

apologies Kenja, if you felt criticized by me.

so like i mentioned before.. i have been thinking about multiple entries and collabs for a while now.. especially since the Albuquerque click came on the scene..

i feel anyone should be able to find us on the internet, join.. and win.. which happens..

one person, one shot at the crown.. per week

if someone has two horses in the race they have more of a chance..

now halving the points of a collaborative effort /second entry doesn't necessarily work encouraging.. but at least gives that team a shot..

now i already promoted the TRS monthly beat battle last week.. somehow a month has less appeal?

i do enter and usually collab on longer term things there.. so reach out to anyone and join there too if you like..

so what are you guys thoughts?

and..

come on through with your Halloween images etc. .. pics of yourself would be even cooler !

3 x

FatVonFree

Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:49 am

chopped the sample. played some left and right guitar. left guitar is played with an ebow. once the main sample kicks in the guitar almost sounds like a saxophone. fun stuff. right guitar is afterneath and astral destiny. played bass. and hung out with my fav rapper (who will probably never meet me in real life)..no outside samples were used...was gonna sing but...I dig it like it is..anyhoo. hope ya dig....folks was swinging for the fuckin bleachers last week. good times. I am def inspired by the weekly playlist we make. #pushin

2 x

cascassette

Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:01 pm

Yoooo anybody wanna rap (or collab) on a ~66 BPM beat? Just saying because I had a lot of fun last week.
No samples except drums.

2 x

Tone of the Cosmos

Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:19 pm

Hey Gangg hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

no outside anything (except for my beat tag LOL)

main chops from Guido and Mauricio
snare from Boki
kick, hat loop and bass from Keith Thomas
guitar-sounding lead instrument made from oboe on Boki sample

0 x

yoniden

Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:57 pm

113.3 BPM
Am Key

(No outside but drums)

Much Love everybody!
1 x

5XVT

Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:39 am

This week I collabed with Jeff Crystal...

I chopped up the Board Shop sample and layered in reversed / reverb'd versions then sent it to Jeff who did rhodes, drums and some arrangement. I then added in some synths and arps to Jeff's work...

1 x

JoaGymshoe

Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:21 am

holaa..

so i was still tryna hatch this collab encouragement idea..

one thing i thought of was: we all vote for our fave collab too... for kudos.. not to host the following week

so there will be the regular weekly winner. . and the weekly collab winner.. which can also coincide and be the same of course..

too elaborate maybe? .. opinions?
0 x

5XVT

Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:53 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:

holaa..

one thing i thought of was: we all vote for our fave collab too... for kudos.. not to host the following week

so there will be the regular weekly winner. . and the weekly collab winner.. which can also coincide and be the same of course..

I think you could just allow 1x solo and 1x collab entry per week. There are lots of multi-disciplined musicians on here and it's a shame that the beat they made solo isn't valid because they rapped / sang / did keys on someone else's.
1 x

MOXATRON

Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:58 am

Yo

Monday blues quick little cookup.
Used the "Patty Stokes Is it True?" Sample chopped it,
Pulled the Bass out.
And seasoned with some light drums. 90 Bpm.

Sim simmer. Who's got the Key's to my beamer? :lol:

:salute: :vulcan: :peace:
Peace Mox.
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:16 am

5XVT wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:53 am
JoaGymshoe wrote:

holaa..

I think you could just allow 1x solo and 1x collab entry per week. There are lots of multi-disciplined musicians on here and it's a shame that the beat they made solo isn't valid because they rapped / sang / did keys on someone else's.

that's the exactly the reason why i think there should be room for those 2nd/collab entries..

the reason why only one entry can contend for main winner is that every other musician should have the same opportunity to win..

also people with less time should have the same chance.. ..i also tend to think collabers have a better shot with combined forces..

the collab title of the week title seems just as valid to me.. it just means one doesn't get to start the new week ..unless collab and overall winner are the same team.
1 x

5XVT

Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:25 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
the reason why only one entry can contend for main winner is that every other musician should have the same opportunity to win..
You could just give everyone a max of 2 entries then? That could be 2x solo entries, 2x collabs or a mix, then nobody has less of an opportunity?
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:50 am

5XVT wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:25 am
JoaGymshoe wrote:

You could just give everyone a max of 2 entries then? That could be 2x solo entries, 2x collabs or a mix, then nobody has less of an opportunity?
JoaGymshoe wrote:

also people with less time should have the same chance.. ..i also tend to think collabers have a better shot with combined forces..

i am curious what the driving force is.. validity/acknowledgement.. why not collab for the fun of it?.. i know..it is a battle of course.. the ego is in play..
i'd rather have a shot at the win too.. but isn't picking the 'right' entry part of the game as well?

personally i'd be proud of a collab title.. even if it comes next to/after a solo win.. like a different category..

i don't seem to detect the added voting to the system comes into play in your motivation..
0 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”