STBB #789 RESULT

Winner
Swoop!
33pts

2nd
Wig Master 20pts

3rd
illhack 15pts

If you have any ideas/samples for future beat battles you want to share for possible use, please post them in STBB Battle Back-Up / Stockpile / Ideas thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=198
1 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Re: STBB #789 VOTE

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:25 pm

congrats Swoop!

The Wig Master wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:15 am
joa your bass line definitely sounds more audible now. I forgot I was gonna suggest a subtle saturation to make it pop out of the speaker a bit more. if you want a critique it would be the vibe of the song is very hype, aggressive and in your face. it works for a battle but it hinders repeat listening a bit. I'm listening on a jbl flip speaker right now and the snare sounds like too much high eq. I'd filter it so it's just more mid range and lo-fi. again that's just how it sounds on my mediocre setup

lol..did that..and then Naturelle listened to it.. and i turned it down a tad again, lol..
i'm done now.. snare feedback was good too.. think it all sounds balanced.. in any case i'm done with it now..
ah yeah, it is a beat battle and that warrants an energetic track for me.. gues, i'll find out i people wanna listen to it again.. :)
it was extra mad coz of the live tapping etc.. and i didn't want to edit or quantize to put the emphasis on that.
thanks again.

naturelleboombap wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:59 am

JoaGymshoe: kind of chaotic but still funky. like it. would have voted for this(why non entry?) the lows on the bass are a bit too present. how was it like working with pads an keys first time? i am not shure with your easter egg though. (great idea filtering that from time to time btw)

yeah :D .. non-entry coz i kept editing it..
it was cool.. i'll use it more in combination with programming in the future and quantize a lil' ..it definitely made for a more live feel.. or chaotic/ aggressive :lol:
it was the layered "lalalala' chorus of Nas's - The World is Yours remix.. coz there's no good aca of the original..

thanks!

if i were to challenge the both of you it would be to make something completely different to your usual styles.. different mix too..

have a good weekend all..

take it away Swoop!
1 x

Elevate
STBB Wins: 2

Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:22 pm

Congrats swoop
0 x

Godall
STBB Wins: 2

Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:41 pm

Hey all, I messed up and forgot to include the easter egg in my sample, so I've marked it as a not entry. This is why you shouldn't go a month without a day off :cry: :cry:
1 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”