The Wig Master

STBB #768 - 1984

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:19 am

Image Image

Samples: https://we.tl/t-NLAUzSm7kV

This week you can submit as many beats as you want and you can submit later than usual--this time all the way through the end of voting. It doesn't guarantee your later entry will get added to the playlist but any beat submitted to this page is an entry. Nothing can be labeled as non-entry or late entry this week. You can't vote for someone more than once.

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "768“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time.
Leave feedback to get it back.
For browsing you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
EVERYONE VOTES by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time.
Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: https://wetransfer.com/
1 x

Burital

Re: STBB #768 - 1984

Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:44 am

0 x

MOXATRON

Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:41 pm

SAMPLES ARE FIRE :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
1 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:40 pm

The Wig Master wrote:
*No restrictions on late entries or non-entries this week. Everything you upload counts. If you submit after the deadline, and a mod uploads it, it counts.

?

people need a certain amount of time to listen.. also if their timeframe for doing that is only around thursday 1 AM pacific time, right after the deadline.
it's just not practical to have later entries, leading right up to the voting deadline, count.

like the SC page says: 'STBB Collection gathers for easy listening sake.'
that means reposting of non or late entries doesn't somehow make them eligible.

I highlighted the parts that apply below.

plus!..
I wanted to draw attention this week to another thing too..
the yearly Collab Week in Rememberance of Nelson Mandela around the fifth of December :)

STBB wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:38 pm
Weekly Beat Battles at the STBB Forever Forum

Anyone can participate.

Each Saturday a sample and set of rules is posted in the Beat Battles forum.
Make a beat using the sample, and post it on the forum by Wednesday, midnight, Pacific time.
Voting takes place in a vote thread in the same forum from Thursday to Friday, midnight Pacific time.
The winner chooses the sample and sets rules for the next battle.

The Beat Battles are run entirely by members of the STBB Forever Community.
Your participation is valued

HOW IT WORKS:

• Join the STBB Forever Forum
• Download the sample from the latest thread on the Beat Battles forum.
• Post your beat on Soundcloud, with the tag and title STBB### (using the number of the current Beat Battle)
• Post your beat (by pasting your beat's Soundcloud URL/Share button Code ) on the latest Beat Battle by Wednesday Midnight Pacific time.
• Voting starts on the Beat Battles forum after the Posting deadline and ends on Friday Midnight Pacific time
• Winner posts next week's new Sample & Rules on Saturday by 12 Noon Pacific time.

DEFAULT RULES:

The winner of the previous week's battle sets the rules. Here are the default rules:

• One beat per person
- extra entries are allowed but must be labelled "Non-entry" in the track title.
- entries posted after the deadline must be labelled as 'late entry' in the track title.
• Flip the chosen sample any way you want.
• Allowed: outside drums and bass, vocal shots, cuts/scratches, fx like crackle etc.
own recorded and/or played vocals, instruments, synths.
• Not allowed: outside acapellas or added samples unless stated.

NOTES:

• No significant rule changes to be made after posting. Clarifying, yes.
• The winner has the final say on entries being legit or not based on the rules provided.
• An entered beat may be substituted for another if it's a totally different flip.
• Beats that are the same as another entry but with or without aca won't be reposted.

- Nelson Mandela collab Week
This has been a yearly returning special rule since the week he passed away on december fifth 2013 ~ R.I.P. Nelson Mandela.

VOTING:

Voting takes place in a separate thread for each Beat Battle.
*You can vote if you have entered the battles before, or if you have a post count of 5+.
*this rule will be applied when deemed necessary

• Votes must be in by Friday Midnight Pacific Time.
• Vote 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for 5, 3, 1 points respectively.
• Don't vote for yourself.
• Make your votes easy to read using BOLD, BIG FONTS and Crazy Colors.
• Must vote to be eligible for the win.
• Votes will be counted and result will be announced by a Moderator / Any member.
Votes for non-entries will be disregarded. If additional places have been awarded, the votes will scoot up.
• collabs need only one vote*

* except for Nelson Mandela collab Week
This has been a yearly returning special rule since the week he passed away on december fifth 2013 ~ R.I.P. Nelson Mandela.
Contenders must collab to make for an eligeble entry.
all collabing parties have to vote for it to be an eligeble entry.

Reposting and adding to Playlist on STBB Collection:

• This is done for easy listening sake and has no direct bearing on the STBB Forever Battles.
• If your track is a legitemate entry and has been missed by the moderators you can post in the round or vote thread and it will get picked up, or else message:

https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
https://soundcloud.com/joagymshoe
https://soundcloud.com/waxramble
https://soundcloud.com/grannydavid
https://soundcloud.com/per_du

*rules may be subject to change over time. all suggestions welcome.
1984.. STBB is watching you? ;)
2 x

Purple Pen

Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:15 pm

JoaGymshoe wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:40 pm
The Wig Master wrote:
*No restrictions on late entries or non-entries this week. Everything you upload counts. If you submit after the deadline, and a mod uploads it, it counts.

?

As the winner, Wig's special rule is fewer rules. He's testing the limits of executive power here. It's STBB's first constitutional crisis. :lol:
2 x

SonicSkater

Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:48 pm

Congrats Wig!! lets go NO RULES WEEK wooooooooooooooo

3 x

The Wig Master

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:00 pm

the purpose is to encourage more entries. you can enter as many beats as you want this week and you can submit whenever you want. nothing can be labeled as non entry or late entry this week. I know it's not practical but I just want to do something different this week. if you want me to clarify that in the top post I can do that
1 x

SonicSkater

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:15 pm

The Wig Master wrote:
the purpose is to encourage more entries. you can enter as many beats as you want this week and you can submit whenever you want. nothing can be labeled as non entry or late entry this week. I know it's not practical but I just want to do something different this week. if you want me to clarify that in the top post I can do that
Very down for this idea multiple entries per person will be neat!
0 x

The Wig Master

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:26 pm

I changed the top post to make my rules clearer
0 x

Purple Pen

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:33 pm

The Wig Master wrote:
Cool, so voting is still for individual entries, but say if you make two different beats that both receive votes, your point totals would be summed in the tally? For instance, could a person's two entries get somebody's first and third place votes? Or would voting be for your top three people based on the sum of each person's contributions?
0 x

The Wig Master

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:47 pm

Purple Pen wrote:

Cool, so voting is still for individual entries, but say if you make two different beats that both receive votes, your point totals would be summed in the tally?
good question. what would you prefer?
0 x

Purple Pen

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:51 pm

The Wig Master wrote:
Purple Pen wrote:

Cool, so voting is still for individual entries, but say if you make two different beats that both receive votes, your point totals would be summed in the tally?
Hey man up to you, these are the tough questions a maverick leader must consider.
0 x

SonicSkater

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:58 pm

The Wig Master wrote:
Purple Pen wrote:

My vote would be per person rather than per entry, sounds easier that way!
2 x

The Wig Master

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:10 pm

SonicSkater wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:58 pm
The Wig Master wrote:
Purple Pen wrote:

My vote would be per person rather than per entry, sounds easier that way!
one per person would be easier but people should be rewarded for their good work. if I want to vote for purple pen #1, 2 & 3 why shouldn't I be able to If I actually like those three beats better than anything else?
0 x

The Wig Master

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:19 pm

Purple Pen wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:51 pm

Hey man up to you, these are the tough questions a maverick leader must consider.
I've gone rogue
1 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”