SonicSkater

Re: STBB #768 - 1984

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:58 pm

The Wig Master wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:10 pm
one per person would be easier but people should be rewarded for their good work. if I want to vote for purple pen #1, 2 & 3 why shouldn't I be able to If I actually like those three beats better than anything else?
Good point! So would voting for all three of purple pen's beats make his total vote count 3? Or would the votes be counted by track (1 1 1)? If it's by track I could see a given person's votes getting split amongst their beats making their highest vote count lower.
1 x

Purple Pen

Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:02 pm

SonicSkater wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:58 pm
The Wig Master wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:10 pm
one per person would be easier but people should be rewarded for their good work. if I want to vote for purple pen #1, 2 & 3 why shouldn't I be able to If I actually like those three beats better than anything else?
Good point! So would voting for all three of purple pen's beats make his total vote count 3? Or would the votes be counted by track (1 1 1)? If it's by track I could see a given person's votes getting split amongst their beats making their highest vote count lower.
Yeah, vote cannibalization. Probably better to sum the points earned for multiple entries per person to determine the winning order.
The Wig Master wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:19 pm
I've gone rogue
Haha clearly, f*** the Trump Train, I'm on that Wig Wagon
0 x

SonicSkater

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:15 pm

0 x

The Wig Master

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:48 pm

to keep it simple even if someone submits multiple beats you can only vote for them once
1 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:09 pm

The Wig Master wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:00 pm
the purpose is to encourage more entries. you can enter as many beats as you want this week and you can submit whenever you want. nothing can be labeled as non entry or late entry this week. I know it's not practical but I just want to do something different this week. if you want me to clarify that in the top post I can do that
aight cool.. wish you woulda been more clear to begin with..
it could possibly be an inconvenience to people trying to vote..
the rules and guidelines have gotten that way by experience and trial and error for practical use over time.

okay having read what you wrote..I'll play, here's my first entry.. I think it complies with your rules ;)

btw, TRS monthly has been working with multiple entries allowed this year too.. it's cool.. somewhat less traffic there of course..
I like the concept..
remains to be seen if it's a good match for the weekly b.b.
0 x

The Wig Master

Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:33 pm

JoaGymshoe wrote:
yeah I do realize that. it definitely is possible but not necessarily a guarantee. if people are submitting later its only going to hurt their chances of getting heard or voted for but I still want them to have that chance
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:50 pm

The Wig Master wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:33 pm
JoaGymshoe wrote:
yeah I do realize that. it definitely is possible but not necessarily a guarantee. if people are submitting later its only going to hurt their chances of getting heard or voted for but I still want them to have that chance

okay, your week your rules..

mods will repost and add to the playlist up to the deadline and start the vote thread right after, as usual..
the rest is up to your discretion as you wanted to make this your special rule.

just my thoughts..: this seems like reaction to the not liking special rules complaints of last and other weeks..

are these week's rules a thing that have been on your mind longer?

I understand your resentment of authority..
your sentiment last week was clear.. 'though we are not ^^it.
us running this forum/bb, are doing it for your and ourselves' fun.. so any suggestion that will benefit the group as a whole we'll always consider.
if all else fails you can always join the BMU Beat Makers Union ;)
0 x

Big Family
Location: some of the arrangements of the chops doesn’t make sense melodically

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:54 am

Salute the OG Wig.
1 x

The Wig Master

Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:51 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
mods will repost and add to the playlist up to the deadline and start the vote thread right after, as usual..

just my thoughts..: this seems like reaction to the not liking special rules complaints of last and other weeks..

us running this forum/bb, are doing it for your and ourselves' fun.. so any suggestion that will benefit the group as a whole we'll always consider.
if all else fails you can always join the BMU Beat Makers Union ;)[/color][/font]
I definitely appreciate what the mods do. the vote thread will start at normal time wednesday. I don't want to give mods any extra work. if they miss the late beats that's fine. I don't see the rules as authoritarian really I just wanna hear more fire beats. if I don't like the rules one week I will usually just skip. not really a reaction to last week. I've been wanting both of these rules for years. I know at one point there were multiple entries allowed and there were less restrictions about deadlines but that changed over time
1 x

JoaGymshoe

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:24 am

The Wig Master wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:51 am
JoaGymshoe wrote:

if all else fails you can always join the BMU Beat Makers Union ;)[/color][/font]
I definitely appreciate what the mods do. the vote thread will start at normal time wednesday. I don't want to give mods any extra work. if they miss the late beats that's fine. I don't see the rules as authoritarian really I just wanna hear more fire beats. if I don't like the rules one week I will usually just skip. not really a reaction to last week. I've been wanting both of these rules for years. I know at one point there were multiple entries allowed and there were less restrictions about deadlines but that changed over time
thank you.. appreciated.
I've been doing these for 8 years and the only thing that's truly changed since then is the 1,2,3 voting system and we did that by means of all beat makers voting.
yes, you're right.. hard deadlines weren't upkept and late posted beats could end up winning.. also votes just ran till a mod woke up and called it on saturdays.
that also peeved some members.. especially ones that woulda won if the rules were applied..
so gradually we started to follow the rules guidelines more diligently.. for different reasons.
one is, because mods started to get more responsibilities in life and needed clearer times in order to be able to do what they needed to do..
making sure the new week got posted and not have to run/wait around after peeps for it etc.
I think especially the Europeans we're bummed out if a winner didn't show up till way late coz they were losing their whole saturday to flip coz of it..
that's why we implemented the posting deadline I think.. I don't recall everything exactly.
the more clearly defined boundaries and dependability is appreciated by a lotta members..
and doesn't restrict creativity imo..
special rules have definitely increased my creativity and we've had more weeks with than without'em in the last 8 years
whether or not the beats are fire i'll leave up to the votes.

like I said.. we're always open to suggestions and if people think it's best for the community and we're able to practically execute them, we can make it happen.
2 x

The Wig Master

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:09 am

JoaGymshoe wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:24 am
late posted beats could end up winning.. also votes just ran till a mod woke up and called it on saturdays.
I like that a later submission can still win. it's already at a disadvantage because it will have less listens so if it wins it is probably really good and worth hearing. I want to make sure the new week still starts on time Saturday. I love waking up Saturday and seeing beats posted before i've even heard the sample.

remember when Daniel san showed up late to the 1984 all-valley karate championships without a belt? mr. miyagi deemed him a black belt and Daniel went on to defeat Johnny with a crane kick to the face effectively ending bullying in America.
0 x

Kenja
STBB Wins: 10

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:26 pm

:dance: Wax on, wax off

0 x

cascassette

Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:01 pm

Yo ehm yeah I'm just gonna try and take advantage of this and post like 15 beats with the samples. But if I happen not to have anymore time here's #1 :D
0 x

Bick Brannigan

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:04 pm

Hey All, Man I remember they used to play the shit outta that song Easy Lover on the radio.

Peace, Hugh
0 x

ras-h

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 am

Congrats to WIG

0 x

Return to “STBB Beat Battles”