waxramble
GC90

STBB 2019 Monthly Beat Battle Conclusion

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:05 am

Hi all,

As we come to the end of 2019 I wanted to announce a conclusion to the "formal" STBB Monthly Beat Battle (for now anyway!).

I had been thinking about this for some time, but with the final Weekly Battle of 2019 merging with the December Monthly Battle, I figured this would be the cleanest way to end things. The winner of final Monthly battle will still host the next weekly!!

I think these battles were a lot of fun and we got even more great music from everyone involved! That being said the turnout was obviously a bit lower than the weekly - this makes sense to me as it is the weeklies are the tradition, the fast timeline helps, and with new rules/samples every week things are kept fresh! I hope that concluding these monthly battles isn't seen as anything negative or like a reaction from me :lol: - I think it's just cool with the focus on where the demand is, the Weekly Battle :)

I also think by ending the Monthly that it opens up the Side Battles section again - we haven't had one of these in some time and I've wondered if it's because of the Monthly Battle. I always thought these were a lot of fun and let the community be creative with structure/etc. I encourage anyone to try getting these going -- I'm happy to find ways to support these too, whether it be a little announcement at the top of the board or another idea I've had is creating a side-bar/logo to feature things. If you have ideas feel free to share here or shoot me a message.

Sorry for the long ramble here.. I'll finish up now haha. Thank you to everyone who participated in these! It was a lot of fun this year trying something new. I won't say that this is the end of the idea permanently, as we grow if we do get more demand for this structure I'd be happy to take this on again.

Be sure to check out the Monthly Battle Winners board which I've just updated now too!
2 x

ruedenz

Re: STBB 2019 Monthly Beat Battle Conclusion

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:24 am

Hey man, I feel ya. Personally, I really loved the extra challenge, and I participated almost every month. And I think some of my finest beats were created here.
But yeah, it did not take off somehow. So lets praise the experiment and move on. IMO it was worth it!
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:31 pm

For sure! I'm still glad we gave it a try - I'm looking forward to new Side Battles in 2020 and if anyone could use my help with anything like setting stuff up, site stuff, or even samples definitely let me know :)
2 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:38 am

yeah, I was surprised you wanted to discontinue the monthlies too wax.
I know we talked about it being a cool idea having the last weekly battle coincide with the last month wrapping up the year.
but only until I saw your announcement I understood that you meant wrap up altogether.
I threw up the Limbo side battle to sorta fill the void.. wish I'd've chosen a more melodic sample to go with that but it's 'everything allowed' so...*
contrary to ruedenz for some reason the longer period to work on something didn't work treats for my beats.
however I did enjoy them.

*considering of adding a bonus of rapping to the entry I like best.. not sure if that'd be an incentive? ;)
1 x

waxramble
GC90

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:41 pm

STBB REMIX - Monthly Battle Challenge #1 hosted by Joa - Go check it out!!
0 x

Return to “Monthly Beat Battle”