Monthly Beat Battles at STBB Forever
Anyone can participate.
On the first Sunday of each month, a sample and set of rules is posted in the Monthly Battles forum.
Make a beat using the sample, and post it by the last Saturday of the month's battle, midnight, Pacific time.
Voting takes place in a new vote thread from last Saturday of month to next month's Friday, midnight Pacific
The winner chooses the sample and sets rules for the next battle.
The Beat Battles are run entirely by members of the STBB Forever Community.
Your participation is valued
HOW IT WORKS:
• Join the STBB Forever Forum
• Download the sample from the latest thread on the Monthly Battles forum.
• Post your beat on Soundcloud, with the tag STBB Monthly ###
• Post your beat (by pasting your beat's Soundcloud URL/Share button Code ) on the latest Beat Battle by the month's last Saturday, Midnight Pacific time.
• Voting starts on the Beat Battles forum after the Posting deadline and ends on next month's first Friday, Midnight Pacific time
• Winner posts next week's new Sample & Rules on following Sunday by Midnight Pacific time.
The winner of the previous week's battle sets the rules. Here are the default rules:
• One beat per person
- extra entries are allowed but must be labelled "Non-entry" in the track title.
- entries posted after the deadline must be labelled as 'late entry' in the track title.
• Flip the chosen sample any way you want.
• Allowed: outside drums and bass, vocal shots, cuts/scratches, fx like crackle etc.
own recorded and/or played vocals, instruments, synths.
• Not allowed: acapellas or added samples unless stated.
• No significant rule changes to be made after posting. Clarifying, yes.
• The winner has the final say on entries being legit or not based on the rules provided.
• An entered beat may be substituted for another if it's a totally different flip.
Voting takes place in a separate thread for each Beat Battle.
You can vote if you have entered the battles before, or if you have a post count of 5+.
• Votes must be in by first month's Friday Midnight Pacific Time.
• Vote 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for 5, 3, 1 points respectively.
• Don't vote for yourself.
• Make your votes easy to read using BOLD, BIG FONTS and Crazy Colors.
• Must vote to be eligible for the win.
• Votes will be counted and result will be announced by a Moderator / Any member.
• Votes on non-entries will be disregarded. If additional places have been awarded the votes will scoot up.
Reposting and adding to Playlist on STBB Collection:
• This is done for easy listening sake and has no direct bearing on the STBB Forever Battles.
• If your track is a legitimate entry and has been missed by the moderators you can post in the round or vote thread and it will get picked up, or else message:
*rules may be subject to change over time all suggestions welcome.